Register Now
m76

People will get used to NFTs - Ubisoft CEO

18 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Something like this doesn't belong in the gaming industry because all it does is reward Ubisoft for their greedy policies and they'll focus less on making quality games.

Yeah, that's something that they have been doing for a few years with their poor games even before the advent of NFTs. They can't stop now, can they? 

4 hours ago, Jasmin said:

I think we should get into NFT games, These games allow you to earn crypto tokens and NFT that can be sold through in game marketplace or open marketplace.

A lot of people don't have or support that suggestion because of their reasons of it being some kind of scam that's worth the effort and time. Even here on VGR, so many are against NFTs in games. 

I think we should get into NFT games, These games allow you to earn crypto tokens and NFT that can be sold through in game marketplace or open marketplace.

Couldn't agree with you less. They are an unsustainable, unstable and unsecure investment that's already collapsing. It's essentially a pyramid scheme where people make money by roping people underneath them. Those so=called "game" you describe are how these people rope you in to themselves and should be avoided.

Edited by Shagger

The only people that have any interest in NFT'S are those who want to sell them on for profit, therein lies the problem.  Nobody really wants these stupid things so they have no real value, hence their tanking big time.  Think about it, if they were a good investment why is everyone trying desperately to sell them when their value has sunk to the bottom of the barrel?  Now would be best time to buy and hold onto them right?  WRONG!  Their pushing them on because they know that's the only they could possibly get anything back on their investment, NFT's are done!

This is before we address the other issue of vulnerable these scams are to other scams.  Look what just happened to Seth Green.  His Bored Ape NFT was stolen from right under his nose and he just had to fork out another $300,000 to get it back or he would risk loosing the rights to use it in a TV show he's producing (LINK).

I got zero sympathy for him or anyone else who's lost out to these scams because we've been warning them for months.

NFTs are digital media in the blockchain, I don't know whether they are scams or not. What I was just tying to say that these blockchain games are helping people to monetize their gaming activities.  Since thus thread is about NFT, I was only sharing my opinion.

20 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

The only people that have any interest in NFT'S are those who want to sell them on for profit, therein lies the problem.  Nobody really wants these stupid things so they have no real value, hence their tanking big time.  Think about it, if they were a good investment why is everyone trying desperately to sell them when their value has sunk to the bottom of the barrel?  Now would be best time to buy and hold onto them right?  WRONG!  Their pushing them on because they know that's the only they could possibly get anything back on their investment, NFT's are done!

This is before we address the other issue of vulnerable these scams are to other scams.  Look what just happened to Seth Green.  His Bored Ape NFT was stolen from right under his nose and he just had to fork out another $300,000 to get it back or he would risk loosing the rights to use it in a TV show he's producing (LINK).

I got zero sympathy for him or anyone else who's lost out to these scams because we've been warning them for months.

It's just all the fraud that surround the who project that's causing a lot problems with it. Seriously, that $300,000 he had do pay was a hard one. 

On 6/10/2022 at 7:33 AM, Crazycrab said:

That story with Seth Green was hilarious - Honestly, I don't have that much of an issue with most things in the Crypto Space but I've always hated NFTs because people were taking the work of legitimate artist and turning them into NFTs for profit without give credit to the original artist. I hope the industry permanently crashes and burns.