Register Now
Kane99

Why don't more celebs take jobs in video games?

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

Samuel L. Jackson is one my favorite actors and he did well in GTA S.A. It's part of the reason why I enjoyed playing the game. I have played it at least 4x.

That's good, which shows you adore the game. I love the character too, 'CJ 'Johnson, he's performances in the game GTA S.A impressed me alot. 

On 5/10/2022 at 3:38 PM, Justin11 said:

That's good, which shows you adore the game. I love the character too, 'CJ 'Johnson, he's performances in the game GTA S.A impressed me alot. 

There is no gamer who played GTA S. A that wouldn't know how important and influencing CJ 'Johnson was in the game. 

The financial aspect would make the most sense. I would imagine gaming companies are just not willing to pay a lot for voice actors and celebrities as voice actors would just be a bit too expensive. I don't mind this, to be honest. I think it's always a bit more interesting to see unique characters that developers/designers come up with

2 hours ago, Darth said:

The financial aspect would make the most sense. I would imagine gaming companies are just not willing to pay a lot for voice actors and celebrities as voice actors would just be a bit too expensive. I don't mind this, to be honest. I think it's always a bit more interesting to see unique characters that developers/designers come up with

It's not even every game company that's going to be able to afford paying those celebrities actors. It's why I love indie game's developers, they work with what they have and do something unique too. 

8 minutes ago, Heatman said:

It's not even every game company that's going to be able to afford paying those celebrities actors. It's why I love indie game's developers, they work with what they have and do something unique too. 

What if I was to tell you that Sir Patrick Stewart and Sean Bean had roles in the same Indie game?

16 hours ago, Family sedan said:

Has Rip Torn ever been a video game voice actor.  That would have been cool.

Yes, he did voiced the character Hephaestus in God of War III. You haven't played the game? 

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

Yes, he did voiced the character Hephaestus in God of War III. You haven't played the game? 

Even before his death, he released voice lines in the upcoming video game called Shadow Stalkers. 

On 5/12/2022 at 4:59 PM, Heatman said:

There is no gamer who played GTA S. A that wouldn't know how important and influencing CJ 'Johnson was in the game. 

No one at all, his role in the game is nicely built, I enjoyed every cutscenes, actions that's been executed or taken by the main character 'CJ' in GTA SA. 

4 hours ago, Boblee said:

I do consider myself to be a hard-core Rip Torn fan, but no I have not played the game.  I do watch obscure Torn films like Rolling Kansas though.

7 hours ago, Family sedan said:

I do consider myself to be a hard-core Rip Torn fan, but no I have not played the game.  I do watch obscure Torn films like Rolling Kansas though.

It's sad that he's gone from all of us now and all thanks to his battle with Alzheimer. Although he tried at 88 years before letting go. 

On 5/14/2022 at 12:11 AM, Family sedan said:

You should try and play the game, I'm sure you will honestly get to love it. 

23 hours ago, Family sedan said:

It's sad to see him gone.  He truly was an American legend.  RIP.

We all die sooner or later. He did aged well at 88 and I'm very sure that if it's not because of his health challenges, he might still be alive.