Register Now
Kane99

Why don't more celebs take jobs in video games?

I don't believe money would have a role to play in this as the video game developers and companies make quite a lot of money from their games. Well, I feel this has to do with the companies not endorsing or meeting with this celebs to take up jobs at the game. If you meet someone and offer a good pay be it any celeb they would certainly take up the job, as video game is relatively a large industry. The developers should Start doing more collaborations with these celebs.

3 hours ago, Clasher said:

I don't believe money would have a role to play in this as the video game developers and companies make quite a lot of money from their games. Well, I feel this has to do with the companies not endorsing or meeting with this celebs to take up jobs at the game. If you meet someone and offer a good pay be it any celeb they would certainly take up the job, as video game is relatively a large industry. The developers should Start doing more collaborations with these celebs.

You're right about working with celebrities helping games to sell more because of their publicity but I think that in most cases, gamers don't even look at it as long as the games offers a good gameplay, they don't mind who's in it. 

At times celebrities influences a particular video game to record a very high sales. Michael Jackson persuaded me to go for the moon walker, and the game recorded a high level of sales, which couldn't have been possible if Michael wasn't featured in it's cover as the main character. 

2 hours ago, Justin11 said:

At times celebrities influences a particular video game to record a very high sales. Michael Jackson persuaded me to go for the moon walker, and the game recorded a high level of sales, which couldn't have been possible if Michael wasn't featured in it's cover as the main character. 

You're a fan of Michael Jackson and that's why you were influenced. Someone who ain't his fan wouldn't care about him being used in the game. 

On 5/18/2022 at 4:45 AM, Family sedan said:

Thanks Heatman.  Rip Torn really was a legend.

You're welcome mate. The same thing can still be said about Christopher Lee. He was known as Saruman in Lord of the Rings Trilogy and Count Dooku in Star Wars Prequels. 

9 hours ago, Boblee said:

You're a fan of Michael Jackson and that's why you were influenced. Someone who ain't his fan wouldn't care about him being used in the game. 

Correct, and you know that Michael Jackson commands lots of fans when he was alive. And their is no way he wouldn't influence such kind of game, because he's just as influential like any other popular celebrity today. Moon walker rose to prominence with Michael's presence in the game, even up to this day, I'm still playing the game. 

47 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Correct, and you know that Michael Jackson commands lots of fans when he was alive. And their is no way he wouldn't influence such kind of game, because he's just as influential like any other popular celebrity today. Moon walker rose to prominence with Michael's presence in the game, even up to this day, I'm still playing the game. 

It's the replicating of his dance steps and movement in the game compared to how he does it in real life is what I love seeing in the game. 

22 minutes ago, Heatman said:

It's the replicating of his dance steps and movement in the game compared to how he does it in real life is what I love seeing in the game. 

That's dance steps were explicit back then, the new generation of dancers doesn't display such kind of electrifying dance anymore. Michael Jackson's moon walker is top notch. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

You're welcome mate. The same thing can still be said about Christopher Lee. He was known as Saruman in Lord of the Rings Trilogy and Count Dooku in Star Wars Prequels. 

Sadly, Christopher Lee is also dead too. His death came to me as a shock. Death have taken a lot of great minds that did so well in the video game industry. 

9 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That's dance steps were explicit back then, the new generation of dancers doesn't display such kind of electrifying dance anymore. Michael Jackson's moon walker is top notch. 

Some have tried to copy him but no one gets near to how good he was. He was so unique that he couldn't have a duplicate.