Register Now
Kane99

Why don't more celebs take jobs in video games?

9 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Which is inevitable, everyone knows he/she gonna die, but dying too soon, it isn't nice, watching those celebrities that made history around gaming dying young, Is just forbidden. 

They both aged well. Torn died at 88 and I think Christopher Lee died above 80 years too. Let me see if I can get the actual date of his death. 

16 hours ago, Boblee said:

They both aged well. Torn died at 88 and I think Christopher Lee died above 80 years too. Let me see if I can get the actual date of his death. 

Christopher Lee died at the age of 93 after creating his 93rd birthday while being hospitalized. He died of heart failure and respiratory problems. 

23 hours ago, Heatman said:

Some have tried to copy him but no one gets near to how good he was. He was so unique that he couldn't have a duplicate. 

Correct,no replica at all, he was just a standalone. I missed those years when i heard about Michael's tour to Brunei, to perform during the king's birthday, which he was given 12$ million for a couple of music and dance performance. 

7 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Correct,no replica at all, he was just a standalone. I missed those years when i heard about Michael's tour to Brunei, to perform during the king's birthday, which he was given 12$ million for a couple of music and dance performance. 

Another celebrity that I really enjoyed his role in video games is the one and only Kiefer Sutherland who's vocals was used in Metal Gear Solid V.

He was the lead character in 24 Hours and he's know very well for torturing terrorists and saving the day in the series. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

Another celebrity that I really enjoyed his role in video games is the one and only Kiefer Sutherland who's vocals was used in Metal Gear Solid V.

He was the lead character in 24 Hours and he's know very well for torturing terrorists and saving the day in the series. 

That's impressive to get this information from you that a celebrity in the guise of Kiefer Sutherland was used in the game 'Metal Gear Solid V, I'll check the game out. 

16 hours ago, Heatman said:

Christopher Lee died at the age of 93 after creating his 93rd birthday while being hospitalized. He died of heart failure and respiratory problems. 

He aged well. It was always going to be very difficult for him to survive his heart and respiratory problems at that age. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

He's got his 24 Hours game on Playstation 2 if I remembered correctly and one on Java mobile phone. 

14 minutes ago, Boblee said:

He aged well. It was always going to be very difficult for him to survive his heart and respiratory problems at that age. 

He's got his 24 Hours game on Playstation 2 if I remembered correctly and one on Java mobile phone. 

First, I want to point out the show is called 24, not 24 Hours.

And I don't really understand why everyone is so quick to praise Kiefer Sutherland's performance in MGSV. Don't get me wrong, I love Kiefer Sutherland and 24 is one of my favourite shows, but I was not a fan of his portrayal of Snake. I don't if there was re-writes or if Kiefer Sutherland was only available for a limited period of time or something, but his version of Snake barley says a word in that game. Entire cut scenes go by without him saying anything. There was also something really sedate about snake in that game, Kiefer just didn't bring the fire that I know he can. Sorry, but David Hayter did this so much better.

Another thing worth pointing it was actually Hideo Kojima's idea to replace David with a more famous actor, NOT Konami, so as much as Konami deserve every shred of hate that the get, this actually wasn't thier fault.

Edited by Shagger

4 minutes ago, Shagger said:

First, I want to point out the show is called 24, not 24 Hours.

And I don't really understand why everyone is so quick to praise Kiefer Sutherland's performance in MGSV. Don't get me wrong, I love Kiefer Sutherland and 24 is one of my favourite shows, but I was not a fan of his portrayal of Snake. I don't if there was re-writes of if Kiefer Sutherland was only available for a limited period or something, but his version of Snake barley says a word in that game. Entire cu scenes go by without him saying anything. There was also something really sedate about snake in that game, Kiefer just didn't bring the fire that I know he can. Sorry, but David Hayter did this so much better.

You're right about it being called 24. I just liked to add that hours in it simply cos it's time based show from how events took place in it. 

Kiefer Sutherland took over from David Hayter and I couldn't find it out why the role had to be taken from him. Do you happen to know? 

27 minutes ago, Boblee said:

You're right about it being called 24. I just liked to add that hours in it simply cos it's time based show from how events took place in it. 

Kiefer Sutherland took over from David Hayter and I couldn't find it out why the role had to be taken from him. Do you happen to know? 

Like I said, Hideo Kojima had wanted to replace David Hayter with a more high profile actor for years. David even had to audition to play Snake in MGS 3 and 4. Hideo claimed he wanted Kiefer to play Snake because he believed the older actor would attune to the motion capture better for the older version of Snake in MGS 5, which I call supreme bullshit on. He also claimed he wanted this version of snake to be a reimagining of the character, and given how story goes in MGS5, and I'll admit that dose make sense, but I still don't understand why he needed a different actor to do that. Hideo also said he wanted "real" actor instead of a mere "voice" actor, which I think is really disrespectful on his part. 

I found a really good article/opinion piece on the subject from Levelskip if you want to check this out more detail.

Personally, I believe Hideo wanted a more more high profile actor for promotional reasons, but that's speculation on my part. Whether Hideo's reasons make sense and if thier justifiable is for each individual to decide for themselves, but I personally believe David Haytor was done rotten in this situation and it wasn't fair.

Edited by Shagger

On 5/21/2022 at 5:47 PM, Shagger said:

Hideo also said he wanted "real" actor instead of a mere "voice" actor, which I think is really disrespectful on his part.

What a lot of people, and apparently Hideo Kojima don't realise is that voice acting is quite a different skill to performing in live action.  Most live actors can to both and are often required to so even in live action productions for ADR.  It's like a Guitar player picking up a Bass for the first time, they would probably manage but not as well as someone who has been trained in Bass exclusively.  You will find that many actors will be stronger in one or the other. 

On 12/20/2021 at 8:07 PM, Kane99 said:

Why don't we see more celebs taking roles in video games? Is it a money thing? I know voice actors don't make a ton, so maybe that's partly why. 

I'm very sure that it's more of a money thing than them not wanting to do it. Most of them are too expensive and it's why they reject what's been offered to them. Celebrity life is an expensive one. 

On 5/21/2022 at 5:47 PM, Shagger said:

Like I said, Hideo Kojima had wanted to replace David Hayter with a more high profile actor for years. David even had to audition to play Snake in MGS 3 and 4. Hideo claimed he wanted Kiefer to play Snake because he believed the older actor would attune to the motion capture better for the older version of Snake in MGS 5, which I call supreme bullshit on. He also claimed he wanted this version of snake to be a reimagining of the character, and given how story goes in MGS5, and I'll admit that dose make sense, but I still don't understand why he needed a different actor to do that. Hideo also said he wanted "real" actor instead of a mere "voice" actor, which I think is really disrespectful on his part. 

I found a really good article/opinion piece on the subject from Levelskip if you want to check this out more detail.

Personally, I believe Hideo wanted a more more high profile actor for promotional reasons, but that's speculation on my part. Whether Hideo's reasons make sense and if thier justifiable is for each individual to decide for themselves, but I personally believe David Haytor was done rotten in this situation and it wasn't fair.

Thanks for the help with the article, I will have it checked out to get all the details on that subject. I think that your assessment on the reason why Hideo dropped David was harsh and disrespectful just like you put it and it's not like he never did a good job previously. 

3 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

Maybe video game's companies aren't treating them the way they are supposed to be treated which also could mean that they are not paying them well. I'm sure that one those things would be the reason. 

Some of them do collect job around video games, but recently, I've not seen much of the celebrities taking such roles again. I'm the past, we can see that around Frontline commando, Lara croft's Tomb raider, Michael Jackson's 'moon walker' and so much more.