Register Now
Kane99

Why don't more celebs take jobs in video games?

2 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

The Rock Dwayne Johnson is one of my favorite actor/celebrity. I'm looking forward to having him feature in any new game soon. Although, he's been more into Marvel's movies lately. 

I'm not sure if he's featured in video games yet. I'm only sure of cartons and movies with Black Adam his latest to be released soon. 

If I am a celeb, I wouldn't accept anything less than my daily earnings, at times this video game companies are quite cheapskate, and they don't offer better rewards for celebrities to perform on their game projects. 

12 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

If I am a celeb, I wouldn't accept anything less than my daily earnings, at times this video game companies are quite cheapskate, and they don't offer better rewards for celebrities to perform on their game projects. 

A celebrity and daily earnings? I'm completely lost here. What are you trying to say? 

3 hours ago, Boblee said:

A celebrity and daily earnings? I'm completely lost here. What are you trying to say? 

Celebrities have their mark daily earnings, even if it doesn't come in a static way, but they know their average daily, weekly and monthly earnings. And some game developers might not offer them better contract for voice acting or whatever project they want them to assist on. That's actually what I'm trying to say, so, I wouldn't know why you're lost man. I don't say, the game companies can't afford their pay, but recently they're missing out around video games as we used to see them in the past. 

4 hours ago, Boblee said:

I'm not sure if he's featured in video games yet. I'm only sure of cartons and movies with Black Adam his latest to be released soon. 

The Rock is no stranger to video games adaptations. He's featured on Doom Series, Rampage, Welcome to the Jungle and The Next Level. He's planning on a new video game soon. 

Since when were Welcome to the Jungle, and Rampage, (Jumanji) The Next Level based of video games? I know that in the Jumanji movies he's in the story goes that they enter the worls of Jumanji as if it were a video game, but they are not actually based on a video game that exists in real life. Doom is the only one you listed that is actually based on a real life video game, and to the best of my knowledge, that's the only time he has been in one.

23 minutes ago, Shagger said:

Since when were Welcome to the Jungle, and Rampage, (Jumanji) The Next Level based of video games? I know that in the Jumanji movies he's in the story goes that they enter the worls of Jumanji as if it were a video game, but they are not actually based on a video game that exists in real life. Doom is the only one you listed that is actually based on a real life video game, and to the best of my knowledge, that's the only time he has been in one.

Yeah the new Jumanji movies are not really based on a real videogame, I mean sure the topic of the movie is that they are trapped in a videogame unlike the original Jumanji movie were they were trapped in a boardgame. But Rampage is based on a real videgame that goes as far as back as the arcades and the NES and some sequels on the n64 and the Wii. Btw Im also a fan of the Doom movie, its one of those movies that is so bad thats its good 😆

33 minutes ago, Dannyjax said:

The Rock is no stranger to video games adaptations. He's featured on Doom Series, Rampage, Welcome to the Jungle and The Next Level. He's planning on a new video game soon.

Yeah I believe he is working as a producer on a movie adaptation for It Takes Two, a great game btw it was game of the year 2021 and it surely earn its place there.

Edited by kingpotato

18 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Yeah the new Jumanji movies are not really based on a real videogame, I mean sure the topic of the movie is that they are trapped in a videogame unlike the original Jumanji movie were they were trapped in a boardgame. But Rampage is based on a real videgame that goes as far as back as the arcades and the NES and some sequels on the n64 and the Wii. Btw Im also a fan of the Doom movie, its one of those movies that is so bad thats its good 😆

OK, I stand corrected on Rampage. Thinks for the insight.

17 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Yeah I believe he is working as a producer on a movie adaptation for It Takes Two, a great game btw it was game of the year 2021 and it surely earn its place there.

They did very good in working more on the Rock's movie on Rampage to blow up what's in the game. It was one of uncle's favorite games back then on his Atari 7800. 

19 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

How did I forget about Doom Series? I couldn't believe myself. Although, it's been very long since I played the game. 

4 hours ago, Boblee said:

How did I forget about Doom Series? I couldn't believe myself. Although, it's been very long since I played the game. 

Tell me one human being who does not forget things and I would start scolding you? It's not a big deal to forget, we are all prone to forgetfulness. 

On 5/27/2022 at 5:50 PM, kingpotato said:

Haha, how bad can Doom movie get, I actually liked the movie when it first came out I think in 2005. The movie did justice to the game and I must say Doom 3 was a really good game.

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I think it's mainly the monetary issue - celebs would cost a gaming company infinitely more to have them in their game (this includes imaging rights etc.) and if it fails, the gaming company stands to lose a lot more money.

Yeah, that's very correct. It's all hooked on the gamble that the celebrity public influence would pay off for the game but when it doesn't, they will find themselves in the dip.