Register Now
Kane99

Do you like to sometimes stand when gaming?

I tend to sit a lot when gaming, but I know I probably should be moving around more instead of sitting in one place for a long period of time. I was curious if anyone here likes to stand sometimes while gaming? I was thinking about getting myself a standing desk, just so I have to stand up and work instead of sitting all day. I figure I could work this into gaming as well.

I think it's a great thing to do to promote better health, but I don't think I can stand for long hours. But, it's good to move around a bit after gaming. 

5 hours ago, o-o said:

Nope I don't. I'm really focused when playing so I'm sitting the whole time

3 hours ago, Family sedan said:

I'm pretty sure I only sit while gaming.  I feel like that's how the games were meant to be played, but to each their own.

You guys should try it. If you play a lot of games while sitting down, that's not good for you. If you play long hours, I suggest taking breaks where you move around or just stand up once in a while. 

On 12/20/2021 at 8:10 PM, Kane99 said:

I tend to sit a lot when gaming, but I know I probably should be moving around more instead of sitting in one place for a long period of time. I was curious if anyone here likes to stand sometimes while gaming? I was thinking about getting myself a standing desk, just so I have to stand up and work instead of sitting all day. I figure I could work this into gaming as well.

I think it's a great thing to do to promote better health, but I don't think I can stand for long hours. But, it's good to move around a bit after gaming. 

Personally, I think that it's a normal thing for most gamers. Unless you are handicapped in a way, you would definitely stand up and walk about. 

Eh, why not just squeeze a 30min workout into your day? Would work far more better than gaming standing up. I do graphic design and I sit for most of the day, I work from home and take a break every 2hrs or so and do a little stretching and lift a little weights. If being healthier is what you're concerned about, maybe check out the fitness subreddit.

Now that you mention it, I really would prefer to play standing more often. I only really play with a keyboard and mouse and my IKEA desk isn't fancy enough to rise or anything (well, unless I fiddle with the knobs under the legs... ooh matron). Should I end up getting Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time, then I'll use a controller to play it and I will most certainly be standing every now and again for that one.

Not often. I have done it a few times when I'm playing FIFA and the game goes to penalties. When you're playing against other users, it can become quite stressful so standing up for a bit whilst it goes on makes sense sometimes.