Register Now
Kane99

Do you like to sometimes stand when gaming?

On 4/12/2022 at 12:27 PM, egghead said:

I game on my laptop and phone. I don't spend a lot of time gaming, therefore, I do not have any issues with sitting position.

Sitting for too long is a big worry for me and I think that I read somewhere it may cause one to develop pile health issues. I have never had that but it sounds scary. It's why I try not to sit for too long playing. 

Standing too long also has its own negative effect, which can cause dead leg, and make the leg to suffer pains later after spending hours standing. I love playing and sitting down all through. I only stand up coincidental, I wouldn't expect it and it just happened, and I have to accept it, it is mostly influenced by pressure. 

On 4/14/2022 at 5:04 AM, Heatman said:

Sitting for too long is a big worry for me and I think that I read somewhere it may cause one to develop pile health issues. I have never had that but it sounds scary. It's why I try not to sit for too long playing. 

If you sit with your back straight, there won't be any issues with your back. If you are sitting on a reclining chair, you might be hurting your back.

On 4/15/2022 at 1:01 PM, egghead said:

If you sit with your back straight, there won't be any issues with your back. If you are sitting on a reclining chair, you might be hurting your back.

It's not just my back that gets to feel sore while playing some games. There are sometimes when I wouldn't feel my thumbs for a while that I even had to beat it in order to have proper blood circulation in it 😂

On 5/21/2022 at 9:11 PM, Justin11 said:

I'm planning on getting a gaming chair that I'll relax comfortable with, and not standing, or shifting my positions while playing my favourite games. 

No matter how comfortable the seat is, if I sit too long than I should be, it's my bum that would start paining me before my back would follow as well. It's why I play in moderation to avoid getting unnecessary pains. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

No matter how comfortable the seat is, if I sit too long than I should be, it's my bum that would start paining me before my back would follow as well. It's why I play in moderation to avoid getting unnecessary pains. 

The lesson here is that you shouldn't play too much. The game isn't even running away or something, so why put unnecessary stress and pressure on yourself? It doesn't make any sense at all. 

I don't spend 5-6 hours straight while gaming. I play games for 1-2 hours. When I feel discomfort in my sitting or lying position, I stop gaming and start stretching my body. I even abandon gaming if the discomfort is persistent.

11 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Nope - not at all - I always prefer to sit down as it I'm more comfortable playing the game like that.

I have even laid down when playing but that's mainly when my sleep is calling me so bad and I still pay deaf ear to it. I would force myself to lay down a bit and most of the time, I sleep off playing in that situation. 

23 hours ago, Heatman said:

It is better that way as you've average the time you're planning, to avoid frequent occurrence of buttocks and back pains. As for me, provided I'm sitting comfortably, I wouldn't feel pains, but it doesn't mean I'll play for 10 hours daily. 

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

I have even laid down when playing but that's mainly when my sleep is calling me so bad and I still pay deaf ear to it. I would force myself to lay down a bit and most of the time, I sleep off playing in that situation. 

I always curse myself whenever I slept off playing games when I knew very well that I was already tired and should have hit my bed sooner. It's a very stupid thing for me to do. 

There was this time I was playing FIFA 22 with some friends and we made a bargain that who ever loses the match gets to pay for our drinks on the next outing, nearly 85 minutes into the game and we still had a 1 - 1 score Margin the game got so heated up I had to stand till the end, I won it anyways 2 goals to 1... lol