Register Now
Kane99

Have any games been made about covid?

Has there been any games made around Covid? I know there's been a fair share of mobile games, but I don't much care for the mobile side of things. Have there been any new games coming out that are about covid? I know the gaming industry likes to try random things, so I figure there are some who have made games about defeating covid. 

I doubt any of the games are any good. Did you play a game about covid this year? 

9 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Has there been any games made around Covid? I know there's been a fair share of mobile games, but I don't much care for the mobile side of things. Have there been any new games coming out that are about covid? I know the gaming industry likes to try random things, so I figure there are some who have made games about defeating covid. 

I doubt any of the games are any good. Did you play a game about covid this year? 

I am expecting that to occur dude, I want to see more of the action RPG or adventure RPGs drawing attention to the incessant covid19 era. Such will look tremendous if the action is simply represented to find covid19 vaccine that will clear the mayhem, and it has to undergo real fight with AI enemies in order to lay the hands on the vaccine. 

They should have a game kind of like Mister Mosquito where you can see the virus flying around trying to infect people and you have to stay away from it. Then those anti vaxers and anti maskers are the evil villains and when you encounter one, both of you know they are a psychotic serial killer and you try hard to not let the person infect you. And the villain tries to get in your face to talk, tries to trick you into taking your mask off, tries to infect your food etc. Your goal is to survive long enough to get your shot as the evil villain does everything to try and stop you. 

Part 2 will be a sitting president trying to kill you by weaponizing Covid. lol.. Almost seems real...

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

How about Plague? It seems to be the closest to coronavirus case but it's way out before the outbreak here. 

I'd say it counts, but it wasn't made because of covid. I played Plague inc in the past, and it's actually a pretty fun game. The purpose is to try and kill everyone. Weird I know, but it can be a challenge. 

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

How about Plague? It seems to be the closest to coronavirus case but it's way out before the outbreak here. 

The sales of Plague Inc. were definitely boosted because of coronavirus. China even banned the game in 2020 and it was one of the most popular selling apps in China. There was a 'fake news' update to the game where part of spreading the virus in simulation was to spread misinformation, which I think is why China banned it because they don't want that idea to spread into people's minds. But I think instead of fearing that issue, people should learn from it. Why anyone would want to become an ecoterrorist during covid is not part of my human comprehension. It would be interesting to have a simulation game like that but more story based. 

On 1/21/2022 at 5:24 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

The sales of Plague Inc. were definitely boosted because of coronavirus. China even banned the game in 2020 and it was one of the most popular selling apps in China. There was a 'fake news' update to the game where part of spreading the virus in simulation was to spread misinformation, which I think is why China banned it because they don't want that idea to spread into people's minds. But I think instead of fearing that issue, people should learn from it. Why anyone would want to become an ecoterrorist during covid is not part of my human comprehension. It would be interesting to have a simulation game like that but more story based. 

China and banning is like two sides of the coin, they never leave each other. I don't think any country bans anything the way that China does. 

I'm sure there are loads of them out there although there doesn't seem to be any mainstream or triple AAA titles out there set around COVID. I found this one on Steam although it just seems to be like Plague Inc. - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1287000/COVID_The_Outbreak/.

Plague Inc. would definitely be the better game if you are looking to get one.

There's also a board game, which is literally just a physical version of Plague Inc. There's another one called Pandemic. I haven't played either one, but they hit the market after the pandemic hit. As board games anyway. I don't know anything about the video game aspect of Pandemic. I don't know if it's also a video game or not.

Not video game related, but I remember growing up playing Ring Around the Rosie pretty much everywhere even at school, which the saying may have gotten its significance from the Black Plague. Ring around the rosie is the red ring on the skin that forms from plague victims. Then 'Pocket Full of Posies' is to carry good smelling flowers because they thought the plague was around bad smells. The doctor's mask had a beak which kept flowers and oils. Ashes Ashes We All Fall Down is the burning of the bodies and all that have died.

GettyImages-51240497-a382dee.jpg.8b9ceef4ee58ac8b86ad4543d00510fd.jpg

15 hours ago, Darth said:

I'm sure there are loads of them out there although there doesn't seem to be any mainstream or triple AAA titles out there set around COVID. I found this one on Steam although it just seems to be like Plague Inc. - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1287000/COVID_The_Outbreak/.

Plague Inc. would definitely be the better game if you are looking to get one.

Yeah, that's more like it from all possible considerations. Plague Inc was the highest when it comes to being close to what we experienced with the pandemic of coronavirus.