Register Now
StaceyPowers

What are the best ways to prevent video game rage?

What are the best strategies for preventing video game rage from happening? I think being realistic about expectations goes a long ways (i.e. video games are collaborative efforts of huge teams, and there are bound to be bugs and design flaws – if one goes in mentally prepared for that, they are less infuriating when they happen).

Stop playing games that make you rage badly I guess. There are a few games that can frustrate me, especially FIFA, but I don't think I've ever actually raged because of it. I honestly can't believe there are some people out there that chuck things about in their house lol

If a game is causing you to rage, take a breather, and come back to it later. I've had my share of games I couldn't do anything in. Sometimes taking a much needed break, will usually solve it. I try layer and sometimes it works. Sometimes you're back back to square one though.  

If you can't ever get through it, it's fine to give up. 

I play video games to escape stress not induce it, so for the most part I avoid games that make me rage.

Though i do like fighting games, but if i am getting pissed the age old trick is to just stop playing and come back when you have a cool head. 90% of the time if you are stuck in a game that is the way to solve it.

15 hours ago, Darth said:

Stop playing games that make you rage badly I guess. There are a few games that can frustrate me, especially FIFA, but I don't think I've ever actually raged because of it. I honestly can't believe there are some people out there that chuck things about in their house lol

Even now that I've resumed playing FIFA i still rage, but I try as much as I do to control it from going over. Rage can't be erased totally but it can be reduced.