Register Now
Sharon

Meta (Virtual Reality Headset, Project Cambria)

I must say that the technology sounds intriguing particularly the part about the fitness concept, where you could have it so the fitness instructor appears to be in the same room as you. I can't help but make the association between the movie Gamer and this technology. How far will people take this? Will more people become home bodies and choose to really not leave their house since virtual reality will allow the to socialize and do activities without even getting out of their pajamas if they so desire? Mind blowing really. 

On 12/22/2021 at 12:42 PM, Sharon said:

I must say that the technology sounds intriguing particularly the part about the fitness concept, where you could have it so the fitness instructor appears to be in the same room as you. I can't help but make the association between the movie Gamer and this technology. How far will people take this? Will more people become home bodies and choose to really not leave their house since virtual reality will allow the to socialize and do activities without even getting out of their pajamas if they so desire? Mind blowing really. 

I feel like that can be done already with current vr headsets, well with the aide of cameras and such.  But, this will make it a little easier. 

On 1/12/2022 at 5:08 AM, Justin11 said:

It is true that virtual reality gadgets will increase indoor activities more. Their is no problem, the world is revamping, and it will even make the spread of the diseases that are communicable to reduce due to more activities indoors. 

Yes you need to be in one place while playing games or living in the meta world isn't it? You can't walk the road and be in two worlds at the same time.

On 1/14/2022 at 7:50 AM, skyfire said:

Yes you need to be in one place while playing games or living in the meta world isn't it? You can't walk the road and be in two worlds at the same time.

Good one. At this point I am loving the virtual reality world. I am beginning to be at the home 💯. So, witnessing the VR via gaming will make sense. 

On 1/12/2022 at 1:29 AM, skyfire said:

I would visit such headsets once 2024 hits because till then a lot of matured product would be hitting the market.

I agree - I'd give it 2-3 years before I ever started using it. I'd much rather use a refined product than be the "tester".