Register Now
Kane99

How much would you say you spend on games/consoles yearly?

Gaming can be expensive, but these days there are more and more services offering options to get games on the cheap. Game Pass for Xbox is one that comes to mind right away, as they offer hundreds of games for a max of like $15 a month. You can't go wrong for that, considering it's only $15 for games I probably wasn't going to pay for originally. This way I can play more games. Anyway, that's not the point of this topic. This is in regards to how much you spend yearly on games/consoles in general. This includes subscription gaming services as well. 

For me, my spending has gone down a lot. I have Game Pass every once in a while, so that's around $15 a month. But some months I don't have it. I also purchased a few games here and there, but I don't tend to buy much. Mostly PC games these days, because of sales and such. Honestly, I couldn't tell you how much I paid on gaming, but I'd say it's probably under $100-$200 or so. Idk, I've been really cheap this year. 

It's been cheap because there were barely any games of interest this year.

And I didn't pay much even for the games that I actually played. For example I paid $1 for a games pass trial subscription to try a few games like Forza Horizon 5. And I played Far Cry 6 using uplay+ subscription, and promptly cancelled it after finishing the game.

I've spent just under $250 on games this year.

I stick to my go to games, I rarely buy new release games unless it's something that I really wanted or must have, even then I tend to wait till I get a good deal or discount. That being said I spent £50 on a MSFS2020 addon 😛 

6 hours ago, Empire said:

I stick to my go to games, I rarely buy new release games unless it's something that I really wanted or must have, even then I tend to wait till I get a good deal or discount. That being said I spent £50 on a MSFS2020 addon 😛 

Obviously Horizon Forbidden West is a great game. How long are you planning on waiting before you move to purchase it? 

Who knows, by then you can get it for cheaper amount, maybe less than your budget at the moment. I am not thinking about PS5 now, I'm still enjoying my PS4. When I'll consider PS5 maybe PS6 will be available then. 

On 5/5/2022 at 6:23 PM, Boblee said:

Obviously Horizon Forbidden West is a great game. How long are you planning on waiting before you move to purchase it? 

Already have as soon as it was out, Next week the PMDG 737 is going to come out for $160 all up 🙂 

4 hours ago, Empire said:

Already have as soon as it was out, Next week the PMDG 737 is going to come out for $160 all up 🙂 

That's good to hear. I even had plans to get the game on pre order but on a second thought, I decided to purchase it on release day. I will be looking forward to PMDG 737 😉

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

I dont spend as much as before, last year I only bought like 1 game, and this year Im not planning on buying any game or console at all, that shit is expensive and I already have enough games on my backlog

The backlog pile up is one big handicap for some gamers when it comes to how often they buy new games, although some don't give a damn.