Register Now
Kane99

How much would you say you spend on games/consoles yearly?

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

Since you have gotten your much awaited PS4, what's your gaming budget for this year like? 

I really don't think I'll be making budget of things I need to purchase next, because my income isn't stable. Just that, I have wish-list, I'll work on that when I have some funds to spend around gaming. 

6 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I really don't think I'll be making budget of things I need to purchase next, because my income isn't stable. Just that, I have wish-list, I'll work on that when I have some funds to spend around gaming. 

There are cheaper video games to play on PS4 as well if it's difficult to spend much on games now for you. I can recommend games for you if you want me. 

17 hours ago, Boblee said:

What's the biggest you have ever managed to spend on game's in a year..? I think mine was around $470.

These days i'd say it's going to be close to 5k a year i spend on collecting videogames, i try not to go over 500 euros on a monthly basis, especially during summer months collecting games takes a back seat and i may buy one or two games. There were times when i lived at my parents place i'd spend about 10k a year on collecting games, the good part is that many of the games i bought back then were mostly the more in demand japanese imports, so i can easly make a good profit if i was to sell my collection as most games have multiplied in value over the years but why would i do that right.

People can say what they want of me but all the stuff i have i bought with my own money that i worked hard for, sometimes i did double shifts because then i had more money to spend on my hobby.

5 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

These days i'd say it's going to be close to 5k a year i spend on collecting videogames, i try not to go over 500 euros on a monthly basis, especially during summer months collecting games takes a back seat and i may buy one or two games. There were times when i lived at my parents place i'd spend about 10k a year on collecting games, the good part is that many of the games i bought back then were mostly the more in demand japanese imports, so i can easly make a good profit if i was to sell my collection as most games have multiplied in value over the years but why would i do that right.

People can say what they want of me but all the stuff i have i bought with my own money that i worked hard for, sometimes i did double shifts because then i had more money to spend on my hobby.

Wow, $5k is definitely a big amount of money to throw into gaming on yearly basis. You really need to slow down a little bit in my opinion. Game franchise that you patronize are in for big money making. 

On 5/12/2022 at 8:04 AM, Boblee said:

There are cheaper video games to play on PS4 as well if it's difficult to spend much on games now for you. I can recommend games for you if you want me. 

You can go on my friend and recommend me those free PS4 games, thanks in advance. 

10 hours ago, Justin11 said:

You can go on my friend and recommend me those free PS4 games, thanks in advance. 

You can get Watch Dogs 2 and it's sold for $22.99 on Playstation Store. Also, you can look for games like ; Cuphead and Bloodborne for $19.37.

14 hours ago, Heatman said:

You can get Watch Dogs 2 and it's sold for $22.99 on Playstation Store. Also, you can look for games like ; Cuphead and Bloodborne for $19.37.

A game at $22 plus is still expensive for someone that's looking for a cheap video game on PS4. 

On 5/12/2022 at 4:48 PM, Heatman said:

Wow, $5k is definitely a big amount of money to throw into gaming on yearly basis. You really need to slow down a little bit in my opinion. Game franchise that you patronize are in for big money making. 

I feel like a need to respond to this and make myself clearer a bit. You see there is a difference between collecting videogames and just buying videogames that you want to play. Let me give an example :

When somebody buys 2 brand new games at let's say 60$ a piece that's 120$ total, their is a good chance those within the year are worth those games are worth next to nothing. Sure you may see me buying a stack of current gen games but all those i get on sales or whenever the price drops. 

When you spend 120$ on digital games you're even more fucked because you can't sell these on now can you.

When somebody who collects videogames buys an older game for 120$ or 2 older games whatever you prefer to get. Those games have proven that they hold their value over time and chances are you are going to lose money on them is not even that big. if you buy one or two collectible games at 60$ a piece now and want to sell them off let's say in 3 years, i'm sure with how prices for retro games you might even make a small profit in the end. Surely not every retro game will be like that so you have to know what you are doing.

I've never seen collecting videogames as a waste of money, neither as an investment but it's always nice to know some stuff is worth x amount more of what you paid for it and like i said i work hard and my bills are always getting paid in time, don't have any debt and aslong as i can afford it and you know i'm happy with that why would i quit. 

Edited by Yaramaki

9 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

I feel like a need to respond to this and make myself clearer a bit. You see there is a difference between collecting videogames and just buying videogames that you want to play. Let me give an example :

When somebody buys 2 brand new games at let's say 60$ a piece that's 120$ total, their is a good chance those within the year are worth those games are worth next to nothing. Sure you may see me buying a stack of current gen games but all those i get on sales or whenever the price drops. 

When you spend 120$ on digital games you're even more fucked because you can't sell these on now can you.

When somebody who collects videogames buys an older game for 120$ or 2 older games whatever you prefer to get. Those games have proven that they hold their value over time and chances are you are going to lose money on them is not even that big. if you buy one or two collectible games at 60$ a piece now and want to sell them off let's say in 3 years, i'm sure with how prices for retro games you might even make a small profit in the end. Surely not every retro game will be like that so you have to know what you are doing.

I've never seen collecting videogames as a waste of money, neither as an investment but it's always nice to know some stuff is worth x amount more of what you paid for it and like i said i work hard and my bills are always getting paid in time, don't have any debt and aslong as i can afford it and you know i'm happy with that why would i quit. 

I never saw it from that angle, so I stand corrected in this one. You obviously know exactly what you are doing just like you pointed out in the response. So, keep it up while having fun. 

Consoles aren't an yearly purchase for me so hard to say what I spend on them. I tend to not upgrade to the slightly better versions of consoles so I only buy new generations. With games, it depends a lot on what is being released. Most years, I probably get around 2-3 games with two of them most likely being the yearly FIFA and COD releases. That's probably around £150 worth of games

19 minutes ago, Darth said:

Consoles aren't an yearly purchase for me so hard to say what I spend on them. I tend to not upgrade to the slightly better versions of consoles so I only buy new generations. With games, it depends a lot on what is being released. Most years, I probably get around 2-3 games with two of them most likely being the yearly FIFA and COD releases. That's probably around £150 worth of games

There isn't even enough consoles for one to purchase on yearly basis. If one kept up with that, one must have purchased them all. 

1 hour ago, Darth said:

I wonder who buys console every year? He or she would end up buying the same console over and over again. 

On 5/15/2022 at 9:25 PM, Boblee said:

I wonder who buys console every year? He or she would end up buying the same console over and over again. 

I guess there must be some YouTubers out there that buy new consoles regularly either because they use them too much and it damages it, or they create those stupid viral videos where they destroy the consoles for views. But yeah, I doubt regular folk are buying consoles regularly.

On 5/14/2022 at 11:50 AM, Heatman said:

I'll go check out for bloodborne and Watch dogs once again. I've heard about the two games before, couldn't take them serious, but this time I'm not missing out from checking them. 

8 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I'll go check out for bloodborne and Watch dogs once again. I've heard about the two games before, couldn't take them serious, but this time I'm not missing out from checking them. 

For your information, Bloodborne is a Soul's game like Elden Ring and Dark Souls. So, you should know what to expect from it.