Register Now
Kane99

Is 2022 going to be a bad year for gaming?

With all the drama surrounding game studios and publishers these days, it feels like it's an never ending problem. Big corporate entities that don't care about the people making their products, just continuing to line their own pockets. I have a fear that 2022 will be much of the same, just companies abusing their employees, making horrible decisions, releasing games far too early or unfinished and so on. 

I feel like we're in a point where this is just going to keep getting worse. What do you think though? Will 2022 be a better year for gaming? Or will it be much of the same? 

The way I see it depends on the big three hits coming out in February; Dying Light 2, Horizon Forbidden West and Elden Ring. If any of those come out broken, then we can expect broken games to be the new norm of incompetency. 2022 is gonna be a highly toxic year in general, so those companies that have controversy will either embolden their toxic workplace or get torn up in the media. The year is going to be ugly, just hope the games coming out aren't. The world is a lit match. Entertainment isn't going to float on a magic carpet, it gets in the crossfire. Add in console shortage and NFT, the changing atmosphere of gaming is going to be a clash of greed and consumerism. Which will win out in 2022? 

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

2022 is still very young and it's too early to start judging it already when nothing has been done yet. I will revisit the topic later with a better assessment when it's due for it. 

Very correct, we should judge it at least when it has halved, which is around June - July and not now. Even if we are seeing more of the NFTs. 

1 hour ago, Head_Hunter said:

Very correct, we should judge it at least when it has halved, which is around June - July and not now. Even if we are seeing more of the NFTs. 

Yeah, just like I said, it's when games start coming out and we see how it's been done and what's going on in all of them and the ones they fail to release, then we can have a good say. 

5 hours ago, Boblee said:

Yeah, just like I said, it's when games start coming out and we see how it's been done and what's going on in all of them and the ones they fail to release, then we can have a good say. 

Sure, I'm keeping close attention to the games that will be available this year alone. To see it's features and compare to the previous years games if their is improvement or not. 

17 hours ago, Boblee said:

2022 is still very young and it's too early to start judging it already when nothing has been done yet. I will revisit the topic later with a better assessment when it's due for it. 

We can't really judge 2022 for what took place in 2021 except for the fact that the pandemic of Corona virus still followed us into it. As for 2022 games, we can't say anything on it yet. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

We can't really judge 2022 for what took place in 2021 except for the fact that the pandemic of Corona virus still followed us into it. As for 2022 games, we can't say anything on it yet. 

Exactly, and if Corona virus doesn't mess up much of 2022 as well, I believe that things are looking up for the gaming industry. 

If you think it's going to be a very bad year then you will see it and beleave it will be. If you going to think positive then you will get positive feedback and resuilts. But then again who says what and does it really come ture. Going to have crap games and good games, It's no difference to other years.

18 hours ago, Empire said:

If you think it's going to be a very bad year then you will see it and beleave it will be. If you going to think positive then you will get positive feedback and resuilts. But then again who says what and does it really come ture. Going to have crap games and good games, It's no difference to other years.

Yeah, that's a fact when it comes to games that will come out this year. There will be the good, the bad and the ugly ones no doubt. 

5 hours ago, Boblee said:

There is no gaming year that doesn't come with its own unique flaw or something that we have seen before. So, it's all expected to happen. 

True, but I'd argue 2021 and 2020 was two of the worst year in gaming. And thanks can go to Covid for that. But still, 2022 is going to deal a lot with the same issues, because we're still stuck in the middle of covid with what feels like no way out at this point. 

1 hour ago, Kane99 said:

True, but I'd argue 2021 and 2020 was two of the worst year in gaming. And thanks can go to Covid for that. But still, 2022 is going to deal a lot with the same issues, because we're still stuck in the middle of covid with what feels like no way out at this point. 

Maybe Covid affected release dates and a decrease in the number of hit games, but it had nothing to do with all the workplace controversies and broken games. There really is no excuse for that. If they would rather release a game that isn't really ready just to make contract, then those publishers should take blame if they think punctuality is more important than quality, especially in the covid era.