Register Now
Kane99

Games that are unintentionally scary

What are some games you find to be unintentionally scary? Gone Home was kinda scary to me, mainly because it felt so lifeless for some reason. Basically you go around your parents home, while no ones there and investigate why your family isn't there. Or so I think that's what it was, I forget. But yeah, it's just you, walking around this house reading notes and revisiting past events. But it's kinda feels weird when you're all alone in the game, with no one else being around. 

Other than that, I'd say Skyrim, just because of its difficulty at times. What are some games you found to be unintentionally scary? 

6 hours ago, o-o said:

Closest game i've played that felt some scary was "Hello Neighbor". And it's not really a scary game, but well 😄

Yeah I get that. I played a bit of Hello neighbor in the past and yeah that dude can cause some stress and anxiety. Never got too far in that game though.  

14 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think there are some I think even the call of cthulu can be scary on some points, and so does the little nightmare setup on some points. 

I think you're confused about the topic. I'm asking if there are video games that you have played that are unintentionally scary, as in they aren't supposed to be, but you are scared of something in the game that most would deem not scary at all. Get what I'm saying? 

Those games aren't they horror games? I know little nightmares is a horror game, but I never played Call of Cthulu though,  but I imagine it's a scary or horror game. 

On 12/27/2021 at 1:45 AM, Kane99 said:

I think you're confused about the topic. I'm asking if there are video games that you have played that are unintentionally scary, as in they aren't supposed to be, but you are scared of something in the game that most would deem not scary at all. Get what I'm saying? 

In that context I'd say "return to castle wolfestein's" uber soldat levels were scary, not because of any ghost or so but the soldier being too deadly his movement made many players scary. 

Red Dead Redemption 2. There are a few random encounters in the sort of forest/marsh area near St. Dennis that will scare you. If you visit the area during the night, it gets very spooky and I believe there is a random event where a lot of people come out to rob you.