Register Now
Kane99

Did your parents gift you the games and consoles you wanted during Christmas/Bithday/other holidays?

Did your parents always get consoles and games that you wanted for Christmas,  your birthday or other holidays?

I didn't get all the stuff i wanted. I did get a Sega Genesis, Playstation, and 360 consoles over my life. Many games I wanted too. What about you?

Not typically. It was sort of understood that my parents didn't have a lot of money and unless it was a necessity we've learned to never really ask for anything major like a gaming system. I remember asking my brothers for video games (PC) growing up which now thinking back I didn't really appreciate as much as I should have. Whenever I wanted the newest expansion of The Sims, or if there was a new Playstation game my brothers would hook me up. I usually got their hand me downs but they always did get what I wanted when I asked. For my parents, they supported our hobbies in general but yeah I don't remember us asking for gaming consoles specifically. 

Not really, I had to wait until my first job to get my first console. I didn't even ask for it, because even things that I did ask for sometimes were deemed too expensive that cost a fraction of a gaming console.

You have to understand that even after the communist bloc has dissolved videogames were prohibitively expensive for us living in the former communist influence. For example a videogame (not a console, a single game) cost almost as much as the minimum wage for a month in the early nineties.

14 hours ago, Sharon said:

Not typically. It was sort of understood that my parents didn't have a lot of money and unless it was a necessity we've learned to never really ask for anything major like a gaming system. I remember asking my brothers for video games (PC) growing up which now thinking back I didn't really appreciate as much as I should have. Whenever I wanted the newest expansion of The Sims, or if there was a new Playstation game my brothers would hook me up. I usually got their hand me downs but they always did get what I wanted when I asked. For my parents, they supported our hobbies in general but yeah I don't remember us asking for gaming consoles specifically. 

Yeah most of the time I got Toys and clothes. But on those rare Christmases I got lucky and got the consoles I mentioned. 

Hand me downs aren't bad either. Back then I was willing to wait get certain games. And sometimes my sister would just give me her old nes games. 

My parents never cared about my gaming lifestyle, that's why they never bothered buying me gaming console or any accessories of the console I was playing back then.  So, I'm not expecting such care either at this time, because they didn't show up when I was with them. 

I've always celebrated my birthday on the low key, I don't out it up as a remarkable da to public people, only my immediate family members knows about that. I don't receive any gift of any kind because I don't inform anyone outside my home about it.