Register Now
Jayson

What will be the trend for gaming in 2022 probably?

Will there be more advanced graphics?  What might be some new games?  How much will consoles advance?   How much better could gaming PCs get?  Will the prices get more expensive in 2022 or stay the same or go down?  How has the current inflation in many countries affected the gaming industry?

7 hours ago, Jayson said:

Will there be more advanced graphics?  What might be some new games?  How much will consoles advance?   How much better could gaming PCs get?  Will the prices get more expensive in 2022 or stay the same or go down?  How has the current inflation in many countries affected the gaming industry?

Why haven't been able to purchase Playstation 5 till date? It's very obvious the inflation has been doing its part for a while now. 

10 hours ago, Boblee said:

Everything is pretty much affected ever since the pandemic of coronavirus, that's a fact in the world and not just in the gaming industry. As for game's graphics, that's definitely going to keep getting better and better. 

Pretty much this. The past three years have been unremarkable for game releases save for the ones that had catastrophic PR. The games that do well like Resident Evil: Village and Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy have their five minutes of fame and then see their niches. Coronavirus has certainly played its part, but I also think that's going to be the way of things for the foreseeable future, just peaks and troughs. So many troughs...

Inflation right here in my country made the exchange rate of dollar very high, making the purchase of video game way too high when I'm converting my country's local currency to buy video game items from foreign stores. I just hope the inflation never get to worst here in 2022. I also hope video games doesn't cost too much, their should be more imprisonment in the game-play and graphics etc. 

4 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

There are 3 big titles coming in February-Dying Light 2, Elden Ring, and Horizon Forbidden West. And that's about it for the ps4 console. I don't see a whole lot of people being able to get the ps5 yet, so whatever comes out in mid to late 2022, how many people are even gonna be able to play it? 

Most gamers who are yet to purchase Playstation 5 can't buy it at least for now with all that's happening in the world. 

On 12/24/2021 at 7:41 PM, Withywarlock said:

Pretty much this. The past three years have been unremarkable for game releases save for the ones that had catastrophic PR. The games that do well like Resident Evil: Village and Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy have their five minutes of fame and then see their niches. Coronavirus has certainly played its part, but I also think that's going to be the way of things for the foreseeable future, just peaks and troughs. So many troughs...

Seriously, a lot of people lost their jobs as some companies closed down or other forced to cut down on their staff numbers to cut a cost. 

Looks like the trend might be NFTs actually. A few developers have already tried to implement them into their games although a few have given up after the backlash from the fans of the games.

In terms of consoles, they won't advance much considering we just got the new generation.

5 hours ago, Darth said:

Looks like the trend might be NFTs actually. A few developers have already tried to implement them into their games although a few have given up after the backlash from the fans of the games.

In terms of consoles, they won't advance much considering we just got the new generation.

Who knows NFT can come into video games. Maybe the gaming companies can simply make it a possibility to introduce it, on order to allow gamers to stake on NFTs to get rewards. 

Just now, Justin11 said:

Who knows NFT can come into video games. Maybe the gaming companies can simply make it a possibility to introduce it, on order to allow gamers to stake on NFTs to get rewards. 

Why does it look you believe that NFT's in gaming are a good idea? Because trust me, it isn't.

14 minutes ago, Shagger said:

Why does it look you believe that NFT's in gaming are a good idea? Because trust me, it isn't.

It might not look decent for some good reasons, due to how risky it is. But those who are into crypto investment and gaming, understands how NFTs works. Their are some game you can simply play and earn some NFT reward as an achievement, you can simply use your earned NFT collectible to stake back to an ongoing NFT project, or simply use your own wallet money to stake on NFTs to take share from the stake of the NFT when the price goes up. But the best pick for me, is simply playing the console games to earn some NFT reward as an achievement in the game which I can use to shop in the game's store. 

14 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

It might not look decent for some good reasons, due to how risky it is. But those who are into crypto investment and gaming, understands how NFTs works. Their are some game you can simply play and earn some NFT reward as an achievement, you can simply use your earned NFT collectible to stake back to an ongoing NFT project, or simply use your own wallet money to stake on NFTs to take share from the stake of the NFT when the price goes up. But the best pick for me, is simply playing the console games to earn some NFT reward as an achievement in the game which I can use to shop in the game's store. 

Unlocking rewards in games by playing them has been around forever. It used to be referred to as "unlocking rewards". This NFT nonsense is a scam that scumbag developers want to worm into our games to make money. That's it. They want them in games and it is not for our benefit.

7 minutes ago, Shagger said:

Unlocking rewards in games by playing them has been around forever. It used to be referred to as "unlocking rewards". This NFT nonsense is a scam that scumbag developers want to worm into our games to make money. That's it. They want them in games and it is not for our benefit.

Aren't they always looking for new ways to cough up more money from us and this seems like a new good strategy from them.