Register Now
Jayson

A Retro Game You Played A lot as a Child

Of course, I played Super Mario Bros and Super Mario III a lot and also Pitfall Harry from Atari.  Why did you like a particular one as a child?  Well, for those not alive or old enough back then, what retro game did you play a lot - after it became retro?

It seems like I played Pole Position from Atari a lot, but I can't remember.

Edited by Jayson

10 hours ago, Empire said:

Mario to Pac MAn yeah but not many retro games I did play. Me when growing up my people made me stay away fom games

Yeah, that's definitely how it is for most gamers. What about Tetris? Did you get to play it back then? 

It all depends on the system. I'll name a few of the ones I remember best.

Atari 2600- Pac-Man, Frogger, Pitfall, Galaga, Q*Bert, Berzerk, Dig Dug, Donkey Kong, Joust, and Swordquest.

Colecovision- Ladybug, Donkey Kong, and one other that I can't remember the name of.

NES- SMB, Zelda, Blaster Master, Mega Man, TMNT, Castlevania, Bubble Bobble, Contra, Astyanax, Excitebike, Wizards & Warriors, and Punch Out.

SNES- Zelda, SMB, Blackthorne, Street Fighter 2, Earthworm Jim 2, Final Fantasy(multiple), Mario Kart, F-Zero, Star Fox, Mario Is Missing, and Mortal Kombat.

N64- Zelda OoT/MM, Mario, Hexen, South Park, 1080 Snowboarding, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Mario Kart, Castlevania, and Banjo Kazooie.

PS1- Castlevania SOTN, FF8, Bushido Blade, Dark Stone, Diablo, Coolboarders, and MDK.

Sega Genesis- Sonic(series), MK, Pitfall The Mayan Adventure, Ghouls 'N Ghosts, and Tinhead.

I have spent more time on the Atari 2600, Colecovision, and NES than I have any other system that I have ever played.

Edited by The Blackangel

3 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Sega Genesis- Sonic(series), MK, Pitfall The Mayan Adventure, Ghouls 'N Ghosts, and Tinhead.

One of my favorite games on Sega Genesis is The Punisher. It's a shooting game. Did you ever come across it? 

21 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Possibly. I can't give an honest yes or no, and I've played about half the entire Sega Genesis library, but missed a lot of titles for various reasons.

Here is what the game The Punisher was like on Sega Genesis. It's a kind of a long play. 

On 12/25/2021 at 12:31 AM, Heatman said:

Here is what the game The Punisher was like on Sega Genesis. It's a kind of a long play. 

Well, that looks funny now how the game's mechanics works but I'm very sure that it was one hell of a game back in days. 

34 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

The publisher looks exactly like contra 4 which I played back then using a VCD player device, which is an inbuilt game for the VCD device. 

Yeah, it does looks like Contra game on Sega Genesis console too. I think this one is more better in general gameplay. 

50 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, it does looks like Contra game on Sega Genesis console too. I think this one is more better in general gameplay. 

When I saw the trailer you shared I simply agreed with the similarities with the contra 4 game. Sega Genesis got amazing games though, with what I've seen around it's list of games here so far. 

42 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

When I saw the trailer you shared I simply agreed with the similarities with the contra 4 game. Sega Genesis got amazing games though, with what I've seen around it's list of games here so far. 

Sega consoles were that popular back then. I can bet that there are still some gamers left there who still play the console.