Register Now
Kane99

Kids are turning to video games to help with their anxiety

10 hours ago, Heatman said:

Now, that's exactly what I tried pointing out initially. Everything depends on how a patient has been diagnosed to know exactly what may or may not work for such individuals and just like Shagger pointed out, there is no way you would expect a therapist to recommend playing video games to all his patient's that suffer from mental illness like OCD. 

Nope. To some though 🙂 I sure wish one had recommended it to me! =D

On 5/5/2022 at 1:45 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

I think non diagnosed or temporary anxieties relating to the pandemic and not going to school, kids are turning to video games to help them which is an easier accessed hobby. Diagnosed anxieties or other mental health issues should be treated case by case and it's interesting to hear gaming can help for some. 

Kids and even some adults were bored to death during the lockdown. I wonder what would have happened if there was nothing like video games..? 

On 5/8/2022 at 9:00 AM, Justin11 said:

Video games relieve anxiety in both children and adults, even as an adult my passion for video game stays the same like in my childhood days. 

As for helping to manage anxiety in both kids and adults, video games can do that as long as it's something that makes the players happy. 

On 5/9/2022 at 10:48 PM, Heatman said:

As for helping to manage anxiety in both kids and adults, video games can do that as long as it's something that makes the players happy. 

Sure, it can replenish the feelings of the both. Video games aren't for kids alone, in fact adults are so indebted to video games too. When I was a kid, I couldn't afford the consoles on my wish-list, but at least now I got one. 

8 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Sure, it can replenish the feelings of the both. Video games aren't for kids alone, in fact adults are so indebted to video games too. When I was a kid, I couldn't afford the consoles on my wish-list, but at least now I got one. 

The same thing was the challenge I faced as a kid as my parents weren't open to kids playing video games. I struggled a lot at the time. 

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

The same thing was the challenge I faced as a kid as my parents weren't open to kids playing video games. I struggled a lot at the time. 

That's how it is when your parents aren't gaming friendly people. My parents are just the same, but they didn't stop me from having fun around gaming. 

15 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That's how it is when your parents aren't gaming friendly people. My parents are just the same, but they didn't stop me from having fun around gaming. 

I had to practically hide my own gaming console from them till I was 20 years of age, so they would couldn't be able ask me not to play. 

On 5/12/2022 at 4:38 PM, Heatman said:

I had to practically hide my own gaming console from them till I was 20 years of age, so they would couldn't be able ask me not to play. 

Quite hilarious indeed, that's okay, because you were a child back then. Nothing you would have done because your parents are just strict. 

11 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Quite hilarious indeed, that's okay, because you were a child back then. Nothing you would have done because your parents are just strict. 

I nearly had a heart attack the day my mother caught me playing around 2:00 AM but she just looked at me and went back into her room. I got the beating of my life the next day. 

On 5/5/2022 at 7:45 AM, Reality vs Adventure said:

I think non diagnosed or temporary anxieties relating to the pandemic and not going to school, kids are turning to video games to help them which is an easier accessed hobby. Diagnosed anxieties or other mental health issues should be treated case by case and it's interesting to hear gaming can help for some. 

That's true - the pandemic has brought about some pretty harsh conditions that most people aren't used to dealing with and it does affect a lot of people's mental state.

1 minute ago, killamch89 said:

That's true - the pandemic has brought about some pretty harsh conditions that most people aren't used to dealing with and it does affect a lot of people's mental state.

It's still affecting most people as we speak. The world is yet to be free from the clutches of the pandemic of coronavirus. 

On 5/14/2022 at 12:02 PM, Heatman said:

I nearly had a heart attack the day my mother caught me playing around 2:00 AM but she just looked at me and went back into her room. I got the beating of my life the next day. 

xD, that's very funny indeed to hear, how can a parent beat up her son that way all in the name you were caught up playing video game during late hours. Provided you were playing in the house and never went out, you shouldn't have been beaten up the next day. 

8 hours ago, Justin11 said:

xD, that's very funny indeed to hear, how can a parent beat up her son that way all in the name you were caught up playing video game during late hours. Provided you were playing in the house and never went out, you shouldn't have been beaten up the next day. 

You know that uncertainty that comes with that kind of experience because there was no way for me to know what was on her mind.