Register Now
Kane99

Kids are turning to video games to help with their anxiety

17 hours ago, Heatman said:

You know that uncertainty that comes with that kind of experience because there was no way for me to know what was on her mind. 

It's uncertainty indeed, and during that time, your mom did all she could to reduce your gaming obsession, and I believe she didn't get it right fkr you, because you're still obsessed playing different kinds of games man, with what I've seen you quote severally here on VGR, about several options of games you played. 

On 5/15/2022 at 12:02 PM, Heatman said:

It's still affecting most people as we speak. The world is yet to be free from the clutches of the pandemic of coronavirus. 

I suspect the effects of the pandemic will still be felt even once covid has been contained. The financial fallout alone will take years to recover even when everything goes back to a somewhat normal state.

I sincerely believe that doing anything you love and passionate about helps to relieve anxiety. Video games were made for pleasure and to have a good experience while playing them. It's no shocker that it is an escape from reality and helps to relieve anxiety.

On 5/27/2022 at 1:21 AM, Justin11 said:

When I was in high school, I felt that anxiety due to the punishment that comes in whenever I don't do well in academic performance, gaming helped me to get rid of the depression due to fear of not failing. 

I also used to use video games as a way of coping with anxiety or giving me a way to think about the issues.

Most especially teenagers in highschool.  And at the same time it is also important that we control how much Time children spend on gaming to avoid distracting them from schools. This is very important too 

Edited by Head_Hunter

On 5/27/2022 at 12:06 PM, Justin11 said:

When I was in high school, I felt that anxiety due to the punishment that comes in whenever I don't do well in academic performance, gaming helped me to get rid of the depression due to fear of not failing. 

I can relate to your statement. Kids are always under pressure to excel in school. Parents and teachers expect kids to perform well, however, not all kids have the same kind of skills and intelligence.

30 minutes ago, Jasmin said:

I can relate to your statement. Kids are always under pressure to excel in school. Parents and teachers expect kids to perform well, however, not all kids have the same kind of skills and intelligence.

I understand your points, some kids are smarter, but when you allow them grow obsessed with video games it hurts their future progress academically and otherwise. That's why they need some level of regulation just as Chinese government have regulated gaming around kids to restrict video games that affects them psychologically. 

On 5/18/2022 at 4:02 AM, killamch89 said:

I suspect the effects of the pandemic will still be felt even once covid has been contained. The financial fallout alone will take years to recover even when everything goes back to a somewhat normal state.

Exactly. Just take a look at what gas is been sold all over the world right now. It's crazy out there. Most people are looking at getting anything that's going to add a little relief to their lives. 

20 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I understand your points, some kids are smarter, but when you allow them grow obsessed with video games it hurts their future progress academically and otherwise. That's why they need some level of regulation just as Chinese government have regulated gaming around kids to restrict video games that affects them psychologically. 

The reason why Chinese government is trying  regulate games is different, they are just trying to ban all foreign games. They have also banned facebook and Google

It's all about what they feel is good for their kids and that's why they have such games banned. There are one's they believe to have good impact on their kids and probably help to work on their anxiety which they allow them to play. 

On 6/11/2022 at 5:08 AM, Jasmin said:

The reason why Chinese government is trying  regulate games is different, they are just trying to ban all foreign games. They have also banned facebook and Google

Maybe they want to promote their own stuffs, and not making use of foreign establishments like, video games produced by other nations, softwares and hardware as well. That's their own decision, I can't question them because they're a nation that has every right to thwart whatever they don't like. 

On 5/27/2022 at 5:50 AM, Jasmin said:

Kids are under pressure to perform well at school, therefore, they go through a lot of anxiety and stress issues. Therefore, it is understandable that they seek refuge in video games.

It's not just from their school alone but also from their parents as well. I can remember growing up and it was a tradition in my family to always come first.