Register Now
StaceyPowers

Moments in games you are forced to do something you hate?

2 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

What are some moments in games where you have to play through something you likely do not want to do as a participant? The most obvious example is probably the phosphorus part in Spec Ops: The Line. What are some others?

Personally, I don't think that I have had an act in game made me feel so bad like that in Spec Ops: The Line. The faces of the innocent woman and children can't get out of my head. 

On 12/25/2021 at 12:02 AM, m76 said:

I hate it when games force you into situations. Like walking into obvious traps, knowing fully well that it is a trap, but the game does not allow you to avoid it.

Isn't that supposed to be some kind of bug or a glitch that would cause such a thing? 

On 1/23/2022 at 11:34 AM, Boblee said:

Isn't that supposed to be some kind of bug or a glitch that would cause such a thing? 

It sure definitely looks like something that's bug induced because there is no way you would walk into a trap knowingly with your two eyes open. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

It sure definitely looks like something that's bug induced because there is no way you would walk into a trap knowingly with your two eyes open. 

There is nothing in the world that's going to make me think otherwise that it's not a bug effect and glitches. 

10 hours ago, Boblee said:

There is nothing in the world that's going to make me think otherwise that it's not a bug effect and glitches. 

Yeah, that's most likely the case in that situation because it really looked very obvious that it's something a bug can cause. 

Nothing wrong with not enjoying this style of game. I personally don't go out of my way to play survival games but at the same time one of my all time favorites is Pathologic 2, which is exactly what you describe but the odds are stacked so against you you have to make compromises at every turn.

The GTA V torture scene. I'm not going to lie, the mission in general wasn't too bad because obviously they're fictional characters and the game style/aesthetic isn't extremely realistic. But the bit where you have to pull the guys teeth out of his mouth was very difficult for me. Had to close my eyes whilst doing it lol

5 hours ago, skyfire said:

Finding keys? I often get bored connecting dots like that. keys, shard etc.

If getting stuck in a maze should be counted in, then you can add it for me because I really hate that gaming experience. It frustrates me to death.