Register Now
StaceyPowers

Moments in games you are forced to do something you hate?

12 hours ago, Heatman said:

I think that it's all down to your not being focused well on your gameplay to know exactly what to do when to do it. 

Yeah, that might be a factor too when you look at it very closely because if you are focused well, you wouldn't miss that. 

I hate when games make you to quick time events that are like simon says. I hate simon says these days and I have no patience for it. It always gets on my nerves when I see the option to do a simon says thing to open a chest or get to some area, or fight a boss even. It's annoying. 

11 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

I hate when games make you to quick time events that are like simon says. I hate simon says these days and I have no patience for it. It always gets on my nerves when I see the option to do a simon says thing to open a chest or get to some area, or fight a boss even. It's annoying. 

Which particular game did that like almost every time frequently in your gameplay? 

17 hours ago, Heatman said:

I think that it's all down to your not being focused well on your gameplay to know exactly what to do when to do it. 

At times they simply take you unaware, it takes great expertise to make do with the way AI drivers show up traffic signs. 

12 hours ago, Kane99 said:

From the looks of it, some games are purposely set up that way to make it very challenging for gamers who feel they are pro enough. 

23 hours ago, Boblee said:

Which particular game did that like almost every time frequently in your gameplay? 

Can't think of any off the top of my head. Maybe indo prophecy, but that was easier Simon says. I hate when it goes on for too long and I have to do many strings of Simon says in a row, otherwise repeat the whole thing. I know some games have done that, I think one mission in sonic generations where I had to match a beat or something and I always messed up because you had to be perfect. 

44 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Can't think of any off the top of my head. Maybe indo prophecy, but that was easier Simon says. I hate when it goes on for too long and I have to do many strings of Simon says in a row, otherwise repeat the whole thing. I know some games have done that, I think one mission in sonic generations where I had to match a beat or something and I always messed up because you had to be perfect. 

I know very well that can be very frustrating because it's something that's happened to me on more than one occasion. 

On 1/25/2022 at 1:34 PM, Empire said:

Nothing wrong with not enjoying this style of game. I personally don't go out of my way to play survival games but at the same time one of my all time favorites is Pathologic 2, which is exactly what you describe but the odds are stacked so against you you have to make compromises at every turn.

As long as you can find a good way of playing that suits your playing interests, I believe that's the most important thing to do. 

14 hours ago, Lamarr the strelok said:

I hate puzzles in games.I love the modern Tomb raider games but I hate the puzzles. They aren't very hard but I'm sometimes as dumb as a bag of warm piss when it comes to puzzles.I usually need a walkthrough to get through them.Again, I can be pretty dumb in games sometimes.

Seriously, the frustration that comes with puzzles is why I don't really like getting into playing such games at all. It aches my head a lot. 

21 hours ago, Lamarr the strelok said:

Interesting .I've had mostly good experiences with QTE's. It was a bit frustrating in Call of Juarez but other games I do fine with them.

Please, I hope you don't mind, what's a QTE's? 

On 2/2/2022 at 12:27 AM, Justin11 said:

That's just it, we simply go into gaming to satisfy our curiosity and not video game causing us pain.

Seriously, I won't be able to make out anything from why some people would use their money to buy what would deprive them of their joy. 

On 2/2/2022 at 12:27 AM, Justin11 said:

That's just it, we simply go into gaming to satisfy our curiosity and not video game causing us pain.

My happiness always stands out when it comes to the kind of games that I get into playing. It's why I haven't played Spec Ops :The Line for a long time now.