Register Now
StaceyPowers

Moments in games you are forced to do something you hate?

8 hours ago, Boblee said:

When game's developers do an excellent job of the game that they make, it's going to be so clear that you can't doubt the game. 

Yeah, when excellent job is carried out it doesn't hide. It will definitely show up, the fans will spot it for the game devs if they really did wonderful or not. 

It took me a while to find this post 😆

Replying to the original topic. My wife and I were playing It Takes Two last night, for a little bit of context the game is like a Toy Story movie were toys and objects come to life, anyway there is a part in the game were we have to kill the favorite toy of the character's daughter which is a stuffed elephant called Queen Cutie and well she is indeed cute and innocent and we have to kill her...first we rip off her leg...then she tries to crawl away from us so we have to drag her and in the proces we also tear her ear apart and the we finally push her off the ledge... That shit was traumatizing. I believe that at one point in the game we might end up reviving or fixing poor Queen Cutie but still I cant beleive this is a family game, that mission was too dark xD

PS: PLEASE LETS KEEP THE COMMENTS ABOUT THE TOPIC!!

On 12/24/2021 at 3:42 PM, StaceyPowers said:

What are some moments in games where you have to play through something you likely do not want to do as a participant? The most obvious example is probably the phosphorus part in Spec Ops: The Line. What are some others?

I was about to list that because that is the most despicable thing I've ever done in a video game and mind you, I've done even worse in other video games but it somehow made me feel disgusted with myself.

Probably when you have to kill off a character that sticks even after you are done with the story mode (ex; they are gone for good). I also hate puzzles that make no sense without an online guide (ex; Skyrim) or being able to figure it out with clues in the given area/dungeon. 

9 minutes ago, Syntax said:

Probably when you have to kill off a character that sticks even after you are done with the story mode (ex; they are gone for good). I also hate puzzles that make no sense without an online guide (ex; Skyrim) or being able to figure it out with clues in the given area/dungeon. 

Their is no need putting myself in the haste anymore, provided I'm done with the chapter or level. Some puzzle games can be a major hit in the ass, that's why I don't fancy much of the puzzle games, e.g 'The Turing Test on PS4, Limbo on mobile. 

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I was about to list that because that is the most despicable thing I've ever done in a video game and mind you, I've done even worse in other video games but it somehow made me feel disgusted with myself.

To some extent, I haven't gotten over the feeling of what happened in the game. It's like I was scared for life because of it. 

I was deeply saddened when it happened that, i started killing innocent pedestrians in GTA S.A due to the fact police was after my life, trying to defend myself, by shooting back at the metropolitan police, I downed so many innocent pedestrians walking along the streets of Miami. 

On 4/10/2022 at 12:47 AM, Justin11 said:

I was deeply saddened when it happened that, i started killing innocent pedestrians in GTA S.A due to the fact police was after my life, trying to defend myself, by shooting back at the metropolitan police, I downed so many innocent pedestrians walking along the streets of Miami. 

Then why do you even play GTA then ? Thats the whole point of the game, thats what the npcs are for!! The game is about crime, even the title of the game is about a crime 

59 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Then why do you even play GTA then ? Thats the whole point of the game, thats what the npcs are for!! The game is about crime, even the title of the game is about a crime 

Lol, understand that I'm playing for the fun, but damn the lives I wasted as a result to escape from police was much. I know it's video game, but I felt depressed, because they behave like humans, their noise is just touching. Still, at the end my character was bursted, gush. 

5 hours ago, kingpotato said:

It's just like the movie called The Free guy that the game is synced with where the gamer and NPCs had to battle it all out. Have you watched it? In there, NPCs took control of their lives but I know in normal games, that's not possible. 

1 minute ago, Boblee said:

It's just like the movie called The Free guy that the game is synced with where the gamer and NPCs had to battle it all out. Have you watched it? In there, NPCs took control of their lives but I know in normal games, that's not possible. 

Yep great movie, really funny. A good example as to why killing npcs in GTA doesnt fit into this category.  Speaking of and going back to topic as well, near the end of the game in GTA V you are force to make a decision about killing one of the main characters, but you can also choose to save them all so its all optional. A nice addition to the story but I feel that by doing so it takes away value of the story.

23 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Yep great movie, really funny. A good example as to why killing npcs in GTA doesnt fit into this category.  Speaking of and going back to topic as well, near the end of the game in GTA V you are force to make a decision about killing one of the main characters, but you can also choose to save them all so its all optional. A nice addition to the story but I feel that by doing so it takes away value of the story.

In the end, it's all up to the gamer to decide how he or she wants the story to end, kill them or save them. I do love it when there is room for me to make that decision and not have everything predetermined.