Jump to content
Register Now
StaceyPowers

How do you feel about character and location redesigns?

Recommended Posts

Their are some point I'll resign my pro in a game it will become too weird in appearance, and I'll try to re-edit it to look like it's previous appearance, and it wouldn't go back to the previous look, proving too difficult. To be candid, such kind of situation frustrates me a lot, making me not to go deeper again designing my character. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Redesigning characters sends the message that there was something wrong with them. Which is quite hurtful to those who already come to like them and identified with the character as they were. So unless we are talking about a complete reboot of a series redesigns are a big red flag to me.

As for locations, that's an entirely another thing, with technical advancements locations can be made bigger and more detailed, which necessitates some degree of redesign. The important bit is that the location keeps its atmosphere and general vibe.

Edited by m76
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/24/2021 at 9:43 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Do you like or dislike redesigns of characters and locations in games? Is it contextually dependent? On what factors?

If the control of such redesigns of characters and locations in games are given to the game players, then it's all good. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/23/2022 at 11:28 AM, Boblee said:

If the control of such redesigns of characters and locations in games are given to the game players, then it's all good. 

Exactly my point. Although there are some games that doesn't even allow you to customize the game characters at all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

Exactly my point. Although there are some games that doesn't even allow you to customize the game characters at all. 

I'm always all in for games that allows you to customize your own characters the way that you want them to be. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Location redesign is fine in my opinion. And I understand character design in some regards. It's fine to have a redesign to match current graphics, but we shouldn't move too far off from the look of a character. It should still make sense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Location redesign is fine in my opinion. And I understand character design in some regards. It's fine to have a redesign to match current graphics, but we shouldn't move too far off from the look of a character. It should still make sense. 

If it's done in a way that it doesn't go too far from the reality of what the game really presented, then it's quite a bit good from the way I see it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Location redesign is fine in my opinion. And I understand character design in some regards. It's fine to have a redesign to match current graphics, but we shouldn't move too far off from the look of a character. It should still make sense. 

Too much of everything is bad, as it goes way beyond where it's supposed to and the real detail would be chalked off. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

Too much of everything is bad, as it goes way beyond where it's supposed to and the real detail would be chalked off. 

Exactly, just like characters customization, when you take it too far, you might not even recognize the character any more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...