Register Now
StaceyPowers

Early isometric games

22 hours ago, m76 said:

The first isometric game I can remember is  Racing Destruction Set from 1985 on C64. As for PC it might be little big adventure from 1994.

Yeah, I know that game then. It was an amazing piece of play for me with how the racing goes. 

Probably Final Fantasy Tactics, which I'd bought more for the name than the style of gameplay. Little did I know how much I'd come to love Strategy Roleplaying Games (SRPG) a decade or so after that one, and how isometric games would play a huge part in deciding what would be one of my all time favourite genres.

On 12/25/2021 at 11:10 PM, Withywarlock said:

Probably Final Fantasy Tactics, which I'd bought more for the name than the style of gameplay. Little did I know how much I'd come to love Strategy Roleplaying Games (SRPG) a decade or so after that one, and how isometric games would play a huge part in deciding what would be one of my all time favourite genres.

Final Fantasy games and everything related to it ticks for me in most cases and it's why Final Fantasy Tactics isn't far from my best early isometric games. 

On 12/25/2021 at 11:10 PM, Withywarlock said:

The game genre of Final Fantasy is a big sell which the name alone can influence one's gaming decisions. I would definitely believe Final Fantasy Tactics to be linked to Final Fantasy series. 

On 1/23/2022 at 11:21 AM, Boblee said:

The game genre of Final Fantasy is a big sell which the name alone can influence one's gaming decisions. I would definitely believe Final Fantasy Tactics to be linked to Final Fantasy series. 

The name of the game was quite similar that it can easily mislead some people into believing that they are two same games from the looks of it. 

On 12/25/2021 at 12:15 AM, m76 said:

The first isometric game I can remember is  Racing Destruction Set from 1985 on C64. As for PC it might be little big adventure from 1994.

@Family sedanwhat do know about this game Racing Destruction Set? Did you ever played it? I know you're well into racing games. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

The name of the game was quite similar that it can easily mislead some people into believing that they are two same games from the looks of it. 

Yeah, that's something that's very obvious without any doubt. 

18 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Does Marble Madness on the NES count? I think it's done in this type of style. 

Yeah, I think it does count as such a game.