Register Now
StaceyPowers

Early isometric games

11 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Does Marble Madness on the NES count? I think it's done in this type of style. 

I really missed out on so many games on NES and sadly enough Marble Madness is one of those games on my missed out list. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

I really missed out on so many games on NES and sadly enough Marble Madness is one of those games on my missed out list. 

You can always work your way back to those games that you missed out on if it's really important that you played them. 

Marble Madness is a pain to play on a standard NES controller. I think it was really meant for a joystick controller or one with an analog. I don't think we had any analog controllers back then. But I think this game would play a lot better with one. 

14 hours ago, Boblee said:

Caesar III is another old historic city building sim isometric game that gave way for a lot of new isometric games that we have today. 

Does this game Caesar III come in any way that's related to what Minecraft offers gamers now because it seems like they are same projects. 

I think the best mix of oldschool isometric and modernisation of the gerne was achievied in Pillars of Eternity: Deadfire - but it's the second in a series and I would advice playing the first first for story purposes. And let's just say the first part was my introduction to the gerne and I deem it suboptimal at that to put it kindly.

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

Does this game Caesar III come in any way that's related to what Minecraft offers gamers now because it seems like they are same projects. 

Well, here is what Caesar III gameplay looks like. It's like Clash of Clans or something related to it. 

16 hours ago, Boblee said:

Well, here is what Caesar III gameplay looks like. It's like Clash of Clans or something related to it. 

It's looks like a game that's going to require a gamer to be very patient to get to that level of build up like that in the gameplay. 

14 hours ago, Boblee said:

Yeah, it looked like something that's related to Minecraft because of the chores it sets up the gamers who plays it. 

It's actually why I never really bothered too much about the game or even playing it as well. 

On 1/26/2022 at 11:07 AM, Kane99 said:

Marble Madness is a pain to play on a standard NES controller. I think it was really meant for a joystick controller or one with an analog. I don't think we had any analog controllers back then. But I think this game would play a lot better with one. 

I have Marble Madness, and it's a bitch. It's one of the hardest and most difficult games I've ever played. Especially the last level.

Just now, StormyFire said:

I feel like most PC games were isometric at a certain point. Many of the early games that I remember playing on PC were isometric.

There are lots of them on NES as well if you ever played on the platform.