Register Now
The Blackangel

Top 10 Video Games That Mess With You In Real Life

11 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I watched the first couple seconds but when I saw a glimpse of the monster that killed him, I immediately closed the window. I don't know (and I don't want to know) but I was worried that there would be something in it that could trigger my phobia. So in the interest of my mental health, I'm not going to watch any more of the video.

You're very correct, some of the scenes in the video can cause a mental breakdown if you're not built strong for it. It's better that you avoided it. 

51 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

It's my phobia that I'm worried would be triggered. If that's not in any of the scenes, then I'm not worried about it. If you're wondering what I'm talking about, you can read more about it HERE.

You have my word on this, that's I'm never going to do anything to trigger your phobia and I'm sorry for the haha 😂 reaction to the comment. 

On 12/30/2021 at 2:35 PM, The Blackangel said:

Those of us who have PTSD that is in part related to time in the military can't play it.

I can understand that. Spec ops the line at first feels like one of those typical third person shooters with action, but then it starts to get really depressing as you keep playing. I could see veterans having a really tough time with it. 

14 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I can understand that. Spec ops the line at first feels like one of those typical third person shooters with action, but then it starts to get really depressing as you keep playing. I could see veterans having a really tough time with it. 

It actually happened to me the very first time I played the game. It took me a while before I was able to adjust myself to the game. 

16 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Most of the evil acts perpetrated in the game are what soldiers see in war all the time which is why they suffer from PTSD that even pushes some of them to commit suicide. 

In my personal opinion, I believe video games can negatively effect you depending on what type of game your playing. For example, if you're constantly murdering people in a game, especially if playing the game at a young vulnerable age, I believe that it can mess with your view of life and make it seem more like a reality than just a game. If I'm not mistaking there has been some scientific research to back up these claims, but I'm not sure where to find the research. 

On 12/30/2021 at 7:32 AM, Kane99 said:

It's one of my favorite games, because it was so emotional. It felt like they showed a lot about ptsd in war. And how it can change people. 

I highly recommend playing it for those who haven't yet. 

I agree - Spec Ops: The Line really makes you stop to consider your choices very carefully. The Stanley Parable is also a pretty crazy game that is full of twists and turns from the get go.

8 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's really scary what war have done to these veterans and funny enough, the government isn't doing much for them to get better. 

I have seen that happen on several occasions where some returned veterans who are injured badly aren't given much recognition. 

17 hours ago, dfarmer2001 said:

In my personal opinion, I believe video games can negatively effect you depending on what type of game your playing. For example, if you're constantly murdering people in a game, especially if playing the game at a young vulnerable age, I believe that it can mess with your view of life and make it seem more like a reality than just a game. If I'm not mistaking there has been some scientific research to back up these claims, but I'm not sure where to find the research. 

If I'm not mistaken, that research has been debunked. While it's possible that a very small minority of gamers might be affected in such a way, the vast majority know the difference. And games like Hatred, which is the type you're referencing, often do more good than harm. For example in my case, most of the time I just want to go out and hurt someone. It doesn't matter who. Anyone will do. Or just grab a few guns and start shooting everything that moves. How do I let my bloodlust out and no one gets hurt? I play Hatred.

17 hours ago, dfarmer2001 said:

There has been a ton of studies into the effect that violent video games have on the behaviour of children and adults, some lasting years.  Like @The Blackangel said it has been proven time and time again that there is no link between video and violent behaviour.  There have been some studies where adolescents show some more aggressive tendencies, but if you ask me this more down to the competitive nature of certain games rather than violent content.

18 hours ago, dfarmer2001 said:

Mate I've been playing violent games for years now, and there are only three dead bodies in my basement. Cleary if video games made someone violent I would have more dead bodies in the basement.