Register Now
GeppyX

Should I get the Nintendo Switch?

2 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That's your opinion, and everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. To myself, I agree somewhat to your opinion about "switch" games being crap. I see most of them at the level of my android phone game version. 

to me too many of them resemble gameboy games with color. i don't care for that.

1 minute ago, Akun said:

True, but the point was that it's not their main product. Games like Doom (2016) don't count because they're third-party ports, and even then, that's not a great reason to pick it up because of how shitty the ports' performance are on the Switch, which can only handle mid-quality Mario-style "3D" graphics.

yeah. i enjoyed fortnite on the switch but, the performance of the game doesn't make it possible to be competitive and the graphics were so bad that when you see all the other players in the game they're all wearing the same skin. the only time you can see what skin they're wearing is if you are in a close range shootout with a team or when you get killed by one of them. if you don't care about that and just want it for portability then it's ok.

11 minutes ago, runswithspatulas said:

yeah. i enjoyed fortnite on the switch but, the performance of the game doesn't make it possible to be competitive and the graphics were so bad that when you see all the other players in the game they're all wearing the same skin. the only time you can see what skin they're wearing is if you are in a close range shootout with a team or when you get killed by one of them. if you don't care about that and just want it for portability then it's ok.

Exactly. Nintendo's exclusivity with their products means that they mostly cater to a a certain type of audience (particularly the family-unit who doesn't care for mature content), as much as they try to pretend they could do otherwise with these cheap budget ports.

Edited by Akun

6 minutes ago, Akun said:

True, but my point was that it's not their main product. Games like Doom (2016) don't count because they're third-party ports, and even then, that's not a great reason to pick it up because of how shitty the ports' performance are on the Switch, which can only handle mid-quality Mario-style "3D" graphics.

Also, if you're going to go out of your way to make a post and correct me, it really helps when you list examples as evidence backing your point. Just saying.

going out of my way? ok. noted. if you like i can try to look up the actual names of the games tonight if it's that important. i'm surprised you haven't already seen the titles yourself in the eshop.

Just now, runswithspatulas said:

going out of my way? ok. noted. if you like i can try to look up the actual names of the games tonight if it's that important. i'm surprised you haven't already seen the titles yourself in the eshop.

Well, I'm not some hardcore Nintendo fan (and not a supporter of digital media over the physical kind), so it's no surprise I don't pay attention to the eshop. Besides, you were the one who called me out. The burden of proof lies with you since you were the accuser.

46 minutes ago, runswithspatulas said:

to me too many of them resemble gameboy games with color. i don't care for that.

I noticed that too with so many trailers of switch games, I don't see any difference with a Gameboy, I just can't go back to my first ever gaming console with switch purchase.