Register Now
Kane99

Why don't cartoon shows get video games as much these days?

Does it seem like we don't see a lot of shows based on cartoon shows these days. Back in the day we'd get a ton of Simpsons games, even had a family guy game. We go some south park games, but I feel like there's a missed opportunity when they could make a risk and morty game, another Simpsons or family guy game. I'd love for an American Dad game. 

It doesn't have to make sense either. I think even a Bob's Burgers game would be fun. What do you guys think?

I think the trend in new games is to make it look realistic instead of cartoony to show off graphics especially in the newer systems that came out. People are excited to see the what new consoles have to offer. Once the craze dies down, then there will be more cartoony games again. And I don't know of any new cartoons that are out. Maybe that is lacking as well. 

12 hours ago, Family sedan said:

I don't think the new cartoon shows are that iconic anymore.  I mean decades from now what of the current crop of cartoons are you going to remember?

Seriously, a bunch of them are just whack and jumbled up characters acting rubbish with no good narrative. I don't see how it's going to thrive in games. 

13 hours ago, Family sedan said:

I don't think the new cartoon shows are that iconic anymore.  I mean decades from now what of the current crop of cartoons are you going to remember?

I was just about to reply the same. Yeah, not a lot of shows like the 90's. Hell, even the new TMNT shows and games have bombed.

3 hours ago, Carlos X said:

I was just about to reply the same. Yeah, not a lot of shows like the 90's. Hell, even the new TMNT shows and games have bombed.

Seriously, back then, these cartoons had purpose and the plot are wonderfully made. I can remember one of my favorite cartoons then called Samurai Jack. 

Because the vast majority of cartoons these days suck. Some of the more adult oriented cartoons have had games. Family Guy, South Park, The Simpsons, etc. And some of the children's cartoons have games. The only one that comes to mind at the moment is Spongebob. If we still had the same cartoons that we had in the 80's we would have a lot more cartoon based games. When was the last time there was a TMNT game? SNES I believe. That should be your prime example.

6 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Because the vast majority of cartoons these days suck. Some of the more adult oriented cartoons have had games. Family Guy, South Park, The Simpsons, etc. And some of the children's cartoons have games. The only one that comes to mind at the moment is Spongebob. If we still had the same cartoons that we had in the 80's we would have a lot more cartoon based games. When was the last time there was a TMNT game? SNES I believe. That should be your prime example.

Not really a big fan of cartoons but The Simpsons basically had my turning towards liking them a bit more. 

13 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Idk, I could see them trying to make a Bob's Burgers game. I'd welcome that. Aside from other cartoons, I'd like to see a Black Dynamite game based on the cartoon show. 

The last TMNT game came out fairly recently. I think for the 360. SpongeBob has had a few games already too. I think one fairly recently, this or last year. 

It's mainly cause cartoon based games turned out terrible alot of them and most kids now are into games such as cod gta and even fortnite that's why there's less cartoon based games because there not as big selling as they were back in the ps2 days and most of them turned out terrible anyway