Register Now
Kane99

Henry Cavill Wants A Red Dead Redemption Movie

Um yes please. I'd love to see a movie based off the red dead redemption games. Especially the first game. Henry Cavill, the actor had said he would like to see RDR get made into a movie. 

I think its one of the best franchises to make into a movie. What do you think?

You can read about this here: https://www.gamebyte.com/henry-cavill-wants-a-red-dead-redemption-movie/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=organic_social&utm_campaign=article_editorial

I don't know. I love RDR2, and play it and replay it all the time. But I think a movie would kill off a lot of the charm that the game has. Especially since the actors would most likely be different people if it's a live action movie. So we would have to figure out different and new voices, which would never work for die hard fans. And it would stray so far from the storyline of the actual game, that it would just ruin it. Every movie that I have seen that was based off a game has just turned me off completely. ANd I'm not the only one in that boat. I used to be obsessed with Mortal Kombat, but after the original two movies, I quit playing it. The new MK movie was good, but it didn't make me want to play it again.

So if they draw some inspiration for a western movie from RDR/RDR2 that's fine. But if they base it solely and entirely on the game, I have to pass, no matter on how much I would want to see it. The only thing that could talk me into seeing it would be if either Tim Burton or Johnny Depp were involved in the movie.

So, like I said, I hope not.

There are only 2 people who could have any chance of playing Arthur correctly, but one is dead and the other is retired. John Wayne and Clint Eastwood. John Wayne would have been my number one pick. There's no one else besides them who could have a chance of getting Arthur right. And there's no way a 91 year old man could pull off a 36 year old man.

No. I don't think Cavill is a good actor and frankly we need to stop making everything into a fucking movie or TV show. No one can embody Arthur the way Roger Clark did. Please just leave the masterpiece untouched.

I think because of the way modern media, a lot of the attractive features of the Red Dead series would be watered down due to woke culture. Honestly, I'd much rather they left it alone. Plus as others have said, Western movies are a niche market that most modern people wouldn't have an appreciation for.