Register Now
Kane99

Ever beat a legit pro gamer?

On 12/27/2021 at 10:15 PM, Kane99 said:

Has there ever been a time where you were able to beat a legit pro gamer? I couldn't tell you if I did, as I never played a pro, unless I played one not knowing. 

But yeah, I doubt I could best some of the pros out there. But, have you ever bested a pro player? How did they react?

Certainly over 10,000 times; yes. Like the other guy said: You have no idea who you're playing online, and virtually all competitive titles that are active can have sort of a shark tank depending on where you are on the stat sheet and how their internal system/algorithm works (latter of which that can be rigged in some cases). I don't think there are generally contracts a "pro" player has to sign stating that they cannot play online, and even if they did, what is their management team going to do? Track their internet activity all day? All they have to do is go under a pseudonym to play online, making it very different (and in some cases harder) than physical sports, minus the UFC and the hardest of sports.

On 4/9/2022 at 2:55 PM, Head_Hunter said:

The question is: where to meet the pro gamer to stage a contest with him? I am not a pro in a game, i play with my friends, and none of them have achieved great exploit playing games, and winning events they entered into. 

They're online, usually in Ranked, in just about every console game you can think of.

Yuck, playing a game in ranked lol. But seriously, I can't stand playing in ranked lobbies, so many tryhards who just camp and spawn kill. Fun times! 

I prefer sticking with all the not so pro gamers. It's why I rarely bother with ranked modes these days, because they tend to be nothing but tryhards making your day hell. I want to have fun not die a ton lol. 

On 8/4/2022 at 8:49 AM, Kane99 said:

Yuck, playing a game in ranked lol. But seriously, I can't stand playing in ranked lobbies, so many tryhards who just camp and spawn kill. Fun times! 

I prefer sticking with all the not so pro gamers. It's why I rarely bother with ranked modes these days, because they tend to be nothing but tryhards making your day hell. I want to have fun not die a ton lol. 

Yeah some of those dudes in the shooters are military guys just using basic law enforcement tactics at some of the higher profile games. "Camping" isn't really a thing in the sense of it being bad; it's more or less "taking control of a strategically important area", and it can take patience and skill to get people off of some of those areas because the maps are just designed that way. But I do it all the time, you just need map knowledge. A video game is the same as real life in terms of something like a high point that militaries would use as an advantage. If you are on a high point, you have observation of a large swath of the battlefield and people occupying those positions can kind of pick shots at you at will -- and if they are teamed up with people, you are better off not even trying to take certain positions from them. Skills in those areas cover a large swath of areas such as pure patience, recognizing the skill level of opponents online, strategic isolation of your opponents in some cases, guerilla warfare tactics, knowing which spots to try and take, and knowing who to trade with and when. Another thing you need is a headset, so you can hear subtleties online. If you are going to try an exchange, perhaps at a critical section of the map which could change the direction of the game, with an elite opponent, it's good to know if he's got a spotter near him in an overt or stealth position.

Sometimes if a person, or two people, are controlling a power weapon spawn area: You can catch one of the occupants getting bored with controlling that area and then going back out into the field -- so you can then challenge the solo guy for the area and power weapon, changing the game. But that comes with actual patience, and almost a very stealthy ability to surveil your opponents before making a move. 

Think about the opposite of "camping", which is endlessly free roaming the map and leaving yourself wide open to fire from a whole range of different firing angles.

On 2/16/2022 at 6:09 PM, NightmareFarm said:

Yeah. I tried so hard to become a pro at fighting games as a teen but now I realise it just isn't worth the effort and not everyone is cut out for it. Nowadays i'm fine with just playing games casually for fun. I mean that's what games are there for.

Mortal Kombat 11 is a cake walk. I clutched like 5 #1 Ranks in the World on that game. What went wrong for you if you don't mind me asking?

On 12/28/2021 at 2:15 PM, Kane99 said:

Has there ever been a time where you were able to beat a legit pro gamer? I couldn't tell you if I did, as I never played a pro, unless I played one not knowing. 

But yeah, I doubt I could best some of the pros out there. But, have you ever bested a pro player? How did they react?

Yeah but most pro gamers run smurf accounts or alts when they just want to enjoy the game / not be targeted. 

In my playing days it was best to run multiple accounts to avoid harassment.

I have no Idea if I ever played with a big name game celebrity in any of the games I played, because I just play the game.

I wouldn't know the top 50 players of any given big game if I tried. 🤣 that would be similar to work, or I'm a video game journalist, and it's my job to know these things. 😝

but if that ever happened to me in the future, I'd brag about it lol. I also just watch clips from people that have defeated a big name, and that's GG worthy.

1 hour ago, Gonassis said:

I have no Idea if I ever played with a big name game celebrity in any of the games I played, because I just play the game.

I wouldn't know the top 50 players of any given big game if I tried. 🤣 that would be similar to work, or I'm a video game journalist, and it's my job to know these things. 😝

but if that ever happened to me in the future, I'd brag about it lol. I also just watch clips from people that have defeated a big name, and that's GG worthy.

I'm sure you have if you play online enough 😄

Actually its funny, there are people who "stream snipe" just to find pro players and beat them for compilation clips for their youtube channels. It's super popular in Runescape.

Who knows, maybe those we play together online are legit pro gamers most of them pose stern test. It has never been easy for me playing online games with some users I don't even know their profile, my win percentage with them is very much lower than my loss percentage. 

11 hours ago, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

Mortal Kombat 11 is a cake walk. I clutched like 5 #1 Ranks in the World on that game. What went wrong for you if you don't mind me asking?

MK11 is one of the easiest fighting games ever though. Now, getting up to like 3000 BP on USF4 with a mid tier or lower is an entirely different story.

On 8/21/2022 at 9:16 AM, NightmareFarm said:

MK11 is one of the easiest fighting games ever though. Now, getting up to like 3000 BP on USF4 with a mid tier or lower is an entirely different story.

Ultimate Street Fighter 4 literally had technical problems on the console versions of the game right at launch. I played the game right at launch and they were indeed terrible, but I was good at the version of SF4 just prior to Ultimate. 

On 8/21/2022 at 6:28 PM, Empire Of Sight said:

I'm sure you have if you play online enough 😄

Actually its funny, there are people who "stream snipe" just to find pro players and beat them for compilation clips for their youtube channels. It's super popular in Runescape.

yeah I get it, it's funny, but I unterstand how annoying that is for streamers. 😅

one of the PUBG streamers I watch, ChocoTaco, constantly gets streamsniped sometimes
https://www.youtube.com/c/chocoTaco/featured

that's why the streaming mode exists in games like PUBG, so that their "famous" username, doesn't show up in the kill feed, rather an anonymous name is replaced instead of their normal name.

5 minutes ago, Gonassis said:

yeah I get it, it's funny, but I unterstand how annoying that is for streamers. 😅

one of the PUBG streamers I watch, ChocoTaco, constantly gets streamsniped sometimes
https://www.youtube.com/c/chocoTaco/featured

that's why the streaming mode exists in games like PUBG, so that their "famous" username, doesn't show up in the kill feed, rather an anonymous name is replaced instead of their normal name.

Lol watching one of his videos now just because his name XD Was my favorite icecream "snack" growing up but they discontinued it now for whatever mind blowing unreasonable reasonnn they could come up with...

That's a good feature though and is kind of what Runescape does within their tournaments for DeadMan Mode.