Register Now
Kane99

Does Playstation offer streaming of some games?

Basically what I'm asking is this. Does Playstation have a video game streaming option yet? As for like Google stadia, Amazon Luna and what Xbox does with the x cloud. 

Does the ps5 have this option for some games? Or are we a ways off for Playstation doing streaming. 

As Shagged mentioned, PS Now is the PlayStation streaming solution. Tried it a bit a little while back and it was an okay service. The biggest problem is the lack of big games available to play compared to the Xbox Game Pass. 

16 hours ago, Shagger said:

Yes, its called PS Now. Full details in the link, but it works in a similar way to Xbox Game Pass. Pay a subscription and you can either stream or download PlayStation games. The system also works on PC.

Ah ok, so they do have their own streaming option. I thought it was just possible to stream from your ps4 to a TV, but must have misheard. 

How is the streaming side of it? 

On 12/30/2021 at 8:06 PM, KuntryBudz said:

You should look into Spartacus set to release spring next year. not too many details, but i believe i read something about streaming in there.

You can now stream most of those games using the PS Now. I think the subscription fee is now just $10 monthly ( a bit high in my opinion).

On 3/30/2022 at 5:05 PM, Knight Barida said:

You can now stream most of those games using the PS Now. I think the subscription fee is now just $10 monthly ( a bit high in my opinion).

I strongly doubt that paying 10 bucks to stream loads of games is expensive. You are getting quality content while learning from most of the top players around the world. What else do you want?

Since I can't stream video games at the moment using my play station 4, due to restrictions, I'm just okay playing the games I have in my backlog. Waiting for the time I'll get a PS5 and seeing the option of "PS Now" being available for streaming here in my geography. 

Shouldn't make much difference what platform you use. However Wifi will always be worse than wired. Cellular will probably have problems similar to WiFi.

WiFi has higher latency and often has intermittent interference and dead spots.

On 10/16/2022 at 12:12 PM, Empire said:

Shouldn't make much difference what platform you use. However Wifi will always be worse than wired. Cellular will probably have problems similar to WiFi.

WiFi has higher latency and often has intermittent interference and dead spots.

If you have High frequency wifi providers the connection is usually really fast and wouldn't take long but otherwise you will have to wait a lot longer for Certain functions to be executed.

8 hours ago, Justin11 said:

If you have High frequency wifi providers the connection is usually really fast and wouldn't take long but otherwise you will have to wait a lot longer for Certain functions to be executed.

Not everyone has a great network in there homes, I Mean most people would ahve the box that they get sent from the company to use and they are crap. Not like buying your own and then thing to yourself that you spent $600 for it XD 

Yes, PS3 games are streamed because the architecture from the PS3 is vastly different than the PS5 and it would require Sony to build a PS3 emulator into the system in order for PS3 games to be ran natively on the PS5, so to get around this, and because they are lazy, they make it so you have to stream the PS3 games and that's only available for PS Plus Premium subscribers I believe.

On 11/9/2022 at 1:07 PM, Empire said:

Not everyone has a great network in there homes, I Mean most people would ahve the box that they get sent from the company to use and they are crap. Not like buying your own and then thing to yourself that you spent $600 for it XD 

Well , that's understandable I have a pretty fast network and I have used it for several functions including uploading videos for my YouTube and other video game related tasks.

14 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Well , that's understandable I have a pretty fast network and I have used it for several functions including uploading videos for my YouTube and other video game related tasks.

Just think that my Router now is 6 years old and worth nothing when I paid $500 back then 😜 I mean the firmware still gets update