Register Now
Shole

What's your go to cheap store for games?

I would avoid key-resellers like G2A like the plague. The sale of used and even stolen keys happens frequently on those sites. GOG is to CD Project Red what Steam is to Valve, kind of thier own storefront. They're good, but not really any cheaper. To find really good deals and feel safe as well good about yourself, I'd try Humble Bundle. They acquire thier keys responsibly and they support charities, so that's the best place to go.

G2A is not a seller it is a marketplace, they have been often accused of allowing stolen keys (ie keys purchased with stolen credit card information) to be sold on the site, so I'd avoid it.

I recommend cdkeys.com, it's at worst leveraging regional price differences, which I don't think is a crime. Publishers shouldn't price gouge different regions anyway.

And then there is greenmangaming, which is completely over the counter as far as I know, just acting as a reseller of keys.

Edited by m76

8 minutes ago, m76 said:

G2A is not a seller it is a marketplace, they have been often accused of allowing stolen keys (ie keys purchased with stolen credit card information) to be sold on the site, so I'd avoid it.

I recommend cdkeys.com, it's at worst leveraging regional price differences, which I don't think is a crime. Publishers shouldn't price gouge different regions anyway.

CDKeys (at least potentially) has the same problem.  G2A has the worst reputation but no reseller is immune.

7 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

CDKeys (at least potentially) has the same problem.  G2A has the worst reputation but no reseller is immune.

cdkeys is a direct seller, not a marketplace, if they were involved with credit card theft they'd have been caught out long ago.The reason G2A can get away with it is because they aren't directly selling anything so they can plead ignorance.

25 minutes ago, m76 said:

cdkeys is a direct seller, not a marketplace, if they were involved with credit card theft they'd have been caught out long ago.The reason G2A can get away with it is because they aren't directly selling anything so they can plead ignorance.

Your right.  CDkeys buy codes then resell themselves rather than it being anonymous users.  This makes it far less likely for fraudulent keys to make it on to their store but it's NOT impossible. Similar websites like Humble Bundle aren't immune either.

3 hours ago, m76 said:

I have never had any issues with CDKeys ever since I have been making use of it for years. There is no way I would compare them with G2A. 

Any reseller is a risk, regardless of who it is. I'm not sure how they all approach the business, but you could end up buying a code that has already been used, which leaves you with nothing but a dent in your bank account. Sure you can file a claim, but as @m76 said, they can plead ignorance. Personally if I have a game that I want to get a code for special downloads or whatnot, I spend the money for a new copy that I know for a fact has a valid, unused code. Sure that's a lot more expensive, but considering the short list of modern games that I even play, it's not a big deal to me.

I tend to buy physical games off ebay or amazon, as for digital I buy through verified markets that actually sell them legit. 

7 hours ago, Shole said:

I don't want to overspend, and I ma aware of g2a.com , but I heard there are cheaper sites like gog.com and others. Any recommendations for me?

Don't buy from G2A, you're risking buying stolen keys. Sometimes these keys are caught by the publisher and you then end up losing that game. It could happen day one, or could happen months later. gog is good because it's part of cd projekt red. It's like a service similar to steam if you think about it. But don't bother with key resellers. Those sites are way too much of a risk. 

15 hours ago, Heatman said:

I have never had any issues with CDKeys ever since I have been making use of it for years. There is no way I would compare them with G2A. 

Same here, I've been using cdkeys for 6 or 7 years now without an issue. Every key I bought could be activated within seconds.

I get games on sites like CDKeys and also HRKGames, well just thired party games stores 🙂 You get good deals from there. more cheaper the steam. You can also sign up for Xbox Game Pass for 1 month for $1 and get access to a whole load of actually good games. If there are any games they have which you want to play and probably won't want anymore after beating, that's probably the best legal price you'll find for quite a few games.

11 hours ago, m76 said:

Same here, I've been using cdkeys for 6 or 7 years now without an issue. Every key I bought could be activated within seconds.

It's actually what's the best about making use of it. There are definitely going to naysayers but it's a normal thing. Not everyone is going to pleased with one's services.

On 12/28/2021 at 1:18 PM, Shole said:

I don't want to overspend, and I ma aware of g2a.com , but I heard there are cheaper sites like gog.com and others. Any recommendations for me?

If you have Gamepass, you will definitely be getting games cheaper from your subscription.