Register Now
Shole

Gaming History

5 hours ago, Shole said:

Well I just had a random thought, do you think Games history will be thought in general schools  (As in not tech related schools), like part of actual history? This is my shower thought of the day lol

I don't see it as something realistically possible. I can't even think of the course outline it's going to be placed on. 

I don't see why not. It's part of our history. I doubt most schools would make it a whole subject or something you'd focus your studies on, but I'm sure it's mentioned in text books in schools all over the country and world. I know I've seen video games and stuff in some of my school text books in the past. 

Especially if that class pertains to coding, development, tech etc. I too don't see a class being a reality, at least not for a long time yet. 

4 hours ago, Boblee said:

I believe that if the government and educational institutions decide it's something that's needed to taught in school, they will definitely make it happen. 

I completely agree with you on this one because they are the parties that's going to be deciding what stands and what get kicked out of the window. 

On 12/28/2021 at 10:00 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

I'm sure it's part of art history that could be taught in art class. I don't see it making regular history unless video games were born from military invention or helped shape an important event in some way. 

Seriously, even if they eventually don't get to teach it in schools, it's already a big history lessons from parents to their kids that's being passed down from generation to generation. 

On 1/23/2022 at 11:18 AM, Boblee said:

Seriously, even if they eventually don't get to teach it in schools, it's already a big history lessons from parents to their kids that's being passed down from generation to generation. 

To be very honest with you, I really believe that gamers are actually the better and best propagators for games to be passed from gamers to gamers. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

To be very honest with you, I really believe that gamers are actually the better and best propagators for games to be passed from gamers to gamers. 

Exactly, who else would propagate the old game that are still not the gamers who are into its play? I don't expect anything less from them. 

18 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

I think what would happen, is it'll be taught in computer and tech classes maybe. But if anything it'll be an elective or something you can learn on the side. 

Yeah it's something that that's most likely to happen should the academic system approve of it for not having any derailing effects on other studies. 

11 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I think what would happen, is it'll be taught in computer and tech classes maybe. But if anything it'll be an elective or something you can learn on the side. 

I think that's happening in a way right now but it's not too pronounced to be very popular but with time it's going to be very open.