Register Now
Shole

Gaming History

You also have to consider that schools now have esports leagues of their own. There's a real possibility that they may include an "intro to gaming" or something like that in schools, just to get kids ready for the esports side of it. But of course, it wouldn't be a requirement or anything, just an option for kids if they want. I don't see it getting to a level like computer class or music class, but maybe you'll see coding/programming classes and more of the creative side of gaming. 

47 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

You also have to consider that schools now have esports leagues of their own. There's a real possibility that they may include an "intro to gaming" or something like that in schools, just to get kids ready for the esports side of it. But of course, it wouldn't be a requirement or anything, just an option for kids if they want. I don't see it getting to a level like computer class or music class, but maybe you'll see coding/programming classes and more of the creative side of gaming. 

Definitely, something like that is likely to happen sooner than later. During the lockdown session, a lot of educational games came up to help kids get by, so why not incorporate them in their academics? 

14 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah, some schools have their basketball team that even some of their students join elite teams from their and become professionals in the game. 

5 hours ago, Empire said:

Assassin's Creed? You could choose any game of the series... Medieval setting, Renaissance, American 18th century, French Revolution... L.A. Noire is also pretty good, if it is not too recent. Hope that helped

L.A. Noire happens to be one of my favorite amongst the video games that you have just mentioned it. I recently purchased it on steam I think for $15 or so. 

16 hours ago, Boblee said:

L.A. Noire happens to be one of my favorite amongst the video games that you have just mentioned it. I recently purchased it on steam I think for $15 or so. 

L.A. Noire is a decent good example of such games. It's been very long that I played the game. 

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

L.A. Noire is a decent good example of such games. It's been very long that I played the game. 

IGN have their review of the game on the game L.A. Noire and it's one incredibly done review that shows a lot of insight into the game. 

14 hours ago, Boblee said:

IGN have their review of the game on the game L.A. Noire and it's one incredibly done review that shows a lot of insight into the game. 

I have come across the reviews of IGN on multiple occasions including this one on L.A. Noire, which is fantastic as well. 

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

I will go check it out about IGN to see what their reviews is all about. I've gotten lots of positives about them here via the kind of reviews they're making on video games. 

There is no way you wouldn't love the reviews on IGN. The rate at which they go with their reviewing of games is exceptionally high. 

On 1/27/2022 at 11:56 AM, Boblee said:

L.A. Noire is true to the location and kinda the time, but it doesn't tell a true story by any means. But it was still inspired by true events I imagine. 

Just now, Kane99 said:

L.A. Noire is true to the location and kinda the time, but it doesn't tell a true story by any means. But it was still inspired by true events I imagine. 

There a lot of real life cases that inspired the making of the game L.A. Noire. At least there are 8 of them according to Game Rant. 

https://gamerant.com/la-noire-real-life-cases-inspired-game/

50 minutes ago, Boblee said:

There a lot of real life cases that inspired the making of the game L.A. Noire. At least there are 8 of them according to Game Rant. 

https://gamerant.com/la-noire-real-life-cases-inspired-game/

Oh of course. Theres a lot of inspiration from real life. Inspired by true events is much different than full on true. Most stories in games and elsewhere are inspired by real life events to some extent. 

3 hours ago, Boblee said:

There is no way you wouldn't love the reviews on IGN. The rate at which they go with their reviewing of games is exceptionally high. 

What's the full meaning of that IGN? Lots of members here have said remarkable things about them, I am starting to believe their quality when it comes to video game reviews. 

14 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Oh of course. Theres a lot of inspiration from real life. Inspired by true events is much different than full on true. Most stories in games and elsewhere are inspired by real life events to some extent. 

Some are proper 100% fictional make up and not anything to do with real life events or history!!