Register Now
Kane99

Do you even bother with games for gold anymore?

I haven't downloaded the last few months of games through the games for gold program. I usually forget to get them, and most of the time the offerings are just a tad bit underwhelming. I'd like more variety in the games, more big releases too. But at this point, I don't feel it's needed considering game pass is readily available and to me, more worth the hard drive space. But if I catch a good game here and there, I'll grab it. 

What about you though? I find that the offerings have been lacking for a while now, so I've kinda ignored it in recent months. 

I don't even look at them, to be honest. I've always been unhappy (most of the time anyway) with the PlayStation Plus games. But Sony actually does a much better job with the free games than Microsoft does. Games with Gold is just awful

8 hours ago, Darth said:

I don't even look at them, to be honest. I've always been unhappy (most of the time anyway) with the PlayStation Plus games. But Sony actually does a much better job with the free games than Microsoft does. Games with Gold is just awful

Yeah Sony seems to give out some quality games, and they seem to give out even more. I thought they were getting rid of Xbox love gold in favor of game pass anyway. 

I've never bothered with Games with Gold because they were always super old games that I never cared about anyway. I think the selection is pretty poor and has been replaced with Game Pass I think.

On 12/29/2021 at 5:18 PM, The Blackangel said:

Games for gold? I don't even know what that means.

Games for gold is a promotion Xbox does monthly. For those who have Xbox Live Gold or Xbox game Pass Ultimate, will get free games at the start of each month. Usually two games for the 360 and two for Xbox One. 

But, I think they're going to drop the service and just include all of those free games as a part of gamepass eventually. I see no point in gold anymore because gamepass ultimate took over. 

9 hours ago, Zesty said:

I've never bothered with Games with Gold because they were always super old games that I never cared about anyway. I think the selection is pretty poor and has been replaced with Game Pass I think.

That is true. They don't really give a whole lot of good each month. But there has been a few months where they did release some goodies. Just not enough. 

On 12/28/2021 at 9:06 PM, Darth said:

Does this explain the reason some of my old pals likes Playstation games than what Xbox got to offer? Because this comment made me felt that way.

18 hours ago, Knight Barida said:

Does this explain the reason some of my old pals likes Playstation games than what Xbox got to offer? Because this comment made me felt that way.

Not necessarily. The games that both platforms offer isn't really connected to the free games offer. The reason Games with Gold is quite trash is probably because Microsoft wants to focus more on the GamePass and don't want to give away too many games.

12 hours ago, Darth said:

Not necessarily. The games that both platforms offer isn't really connected to the free games offer. The reason Games with Gold is quite trash is probably because Microsoft wants to focus more on the GamePass and don't want to give away too many games.

Then that's not the best mentality for Microsoft.  I mean the focus should be on ensuring gamers are happy and not to make more money off them.

Yeah i still bother with games for gold, i don't play online but for the 60 bucks a year i still get my money's worth of "free" games. I also rather have them giving away smaller indie digital only titles then bigger titles to be honest, because i don't really buy digital games.

16 hours ago, Knight Barida said:

Then that's not the best mentality for Microsoft.  I mean the focus should be on ensuring gamers are happy and not to make more money off them.

It's an added bonus for Xbox Live Gold members that they don't really have to offer. And people have to buy at least Live Gold as a minimum to be able to play online so I don't think they care too much about it. Most companies will have profit as their number one profit anyway.

6 hours ago, Darth said:

It's an added bonus for Xbox Live Gold members that they don't really have to offer. And people have to buy at least Live Gold as a minimum to be able to play online so I don't think they care too much about it. Most companies will have profit as their number one profit anyway.

That's a great initiative as some gamers that can afford the gold won't bother about what it cost.