Register Now
StaceyPowers

Did you ever get back in touch with old online gaming buddies years later?

I made a similar topic to this already here: 

Pretty much the same subject. But yeah I have friends who haven't been online in years, sadly most of them are long gone or i don't expect them to come back anytime soon. They probably got new accounts or something or just quit gaming. 

I have some mates that I meet back in 2012 and lost contact in the last five years ever since I moved to the UK. Time zones don't help. what I always dislike and it's been like it since the start that I always have to contact them for them and me to speak and game but other than that, they never really message me. They know my emails to all other methods to content me.

Then again I know there jobs and I know who they are regards there personal life. 

10 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I made a similar topic to this already here: 

Pretty much the same subject. But yeah I have friends who haven't been online in years, sadly most of them are long gone or i don't expect them to come back anytime soon. They probably got new accounts or something or just quit gaming. 

I think most of them would have quitted along the line because if they were to have new accounts, they might actually look you up. 

17 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I don't normally have gaming mates online, most of the people I play with are the ones I met offline, maybe I'll create time to engage with some users online to catch up with such kind of feeling of playing with someone from another region online. 

If the gamer is simply that good and I have really learnt a lot from such an individual, I'd definitely like to get back in touch with him or her. 

On 1/3/2022 at 1:59 PM, Heatman said:

If the gamer is simply that good and I have really learnt a lot from such an individual, I'd definitely like to get back in touch with him or her. 

Correct, something must entice you to get back to playing with the user you met online. I can't start with someone online which isn't improving my overall gaming performance. 

What sucks about friends dropping off the internet, is that there was some good times. I met some awesome people playing COD and other games over the years. People who I even tried to get to come visit. I wish I could go back and reconnect with some of them, but sadly I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon. 

I'm kinda tempted to go through my friends list, just to see if I can reconnect with people I haven't gamed with in probably 5-10 years now. 

1 hour ago, Kane99 said:

What sucks about friends dropping off the internet, is that there was some good times. I met some awesome people playing COD and other games over the years. People who I even tried to get to come visit. I wish I could go back and reconnect with some of them, but sadly I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon. 

I'm kinda tempted to go through my friends list, just to see if I can reconnect with people I haven't gamed with in probably 5-10 years now. 

As much as it's a good thing to connect with some old friends but know that it's very important to know the kind of people that you are working on reconnecting with. 

13 hours ago, Kane99 said:

It's actually why getting attached to people is very difficult for me because when they break off from you, you will start getting some odd mixed feelings that wouldn't be easy on you. 

12 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's actually why getting attached to people is very difficult for me because when they break off from you, you will start getting some odd mixed feelings that wouldn't be easy on you. 

I saw a picture on Facebook the other day where it's caption says that your best friend will end up leaving you one day... So what happens to just one you meet online?