Register Now
StaceyPowers

What historic settings do you want to see recreated in video games?

On 12/29/2021 at 11:53 PM, Heatman said:

I have a thing for African culture and history especially when it's something that's politically related. I would like to have the history of The Tutsi and Hutu replayed in video games. 

I wouldn't like to see the massacre and carnage that took place in that history all over a again in video games which was a true life story. Please, once is enough. 

On 1/23/2022 at 10:57 AM, Boblee said:

I wouldn't like to see the massacre and carnage that took place in that history all over a again in video games which was a true life story. Please, once is enough. 

I get exactly what you mean by that because it was a very sad event that hit the world which was even allowed to happen and it's something that I believe that could have been prevented. 

44 minutes ago, Heatman said:

I get exactly what you mean by that because it was a very sad event that hit the world which was even allowed to happen and it's something that I believe that could have been prevented. 

Yeah, the international community would have stopped that massacre from happening but for some reason they decided to pull out their citizens only. 

On 12/29/2021 at 4:53 PM, Heatman said:

I have a thing for African culture and history especially when it's something that's politically related. I would like to have the history of The Tutsi and Hutu replayed in video games. 

I had to look that up because I know nothing about the history, but it amazes me how time again when governments get a usurpation of power, they commit genocide. I wonder how many genocides have actually happened that I don't know about. But even though a tragedy, I think it could make an interesting game and we could even learn from it. 

Well, we got to see what part of the American Revolution was in Assassin's Creed III. Being a part of that in game was quite cool. But, it wasn't true to the reality of it, because you were part of it as the character in some way. 

6 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I had to look that up because I know nothing about the history, but it amazes me how time again when governments get a usurpation of power, they commit genocide. I wonder how many genocides have actually happened that I don't know about. But even though a tragedy, I think it could make an interesting game and we could even learn from it. 

Yeah, if made well, I believe that it's something that can really develop into a great game plot with incredible experience. Although, I'm wondering how the ending would be? Where predetermined or gamers decision influenced? 

12 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

It was a one shitty event that rocked the African history at the time and I'm very sure that there are so many other acts of genocide that are similar to that in Africa. 

12 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Well, we got to see what part of the American Revolution was in Assassin's Creed III. Being a part of that in game was quite cool. But, it wasn't true to the reality of it, because you were part of it as the character in some way. 

Isn't it what being a character into something or video games is all about? You have to take part in happened then. 

On 1/24/2022 at 8:29 PM, Kane99 said:

Yeah, you're correct about that not being true to the reality of it, because some actions in the game was far fetched. 

I think VR in space would be dope. Maybe making it look as realistic as possible, and maybe also having a device you can be in while you feel the open space. I think that'd be cool. I bet there are VR attractions out there that make that possible. 

1 hour ago, Kane99 said:

I think VR in space would be dope. Maybe making it look as realistic as possible, and maybe also having a device you can be in while you feel the open space. I think that'd be cool. I bet there are VR attractions out there that make that possible. 

Definitely the future that we could see video games going on is on VR and I believe that it can only get better once it's been explored to the fullest. 

15 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Personally, I haven't had much experience with Virtual Reality in gaming but the little time I have tasted it, it was an interesting feeling. Gamers can't say no to it. 

I was going to say an open world game around the time that dinosaurs existed but I guess that is already a game with ARK.

I would love a game based around the 1900s that is like the TV show, Peaky Blinders. Being a gangster in the UK would be quite an interesting game. I don't think something like that has been made before. Mafia is the closest one but that's obviously not set in the UK