Register Now
StaceyPowers

Did you ever buy a game and resell it before ever playing it?

On 6/5/2022 at 8:49 PM, Boblee said:

If you are lucky enough not to get into the wrong one, that's what counts because right now, a lot of scammers are making it horrible dealing with sellers online. 

Their is no way for me to send money first to the seller, me and the seller needs to agree on the price, the product, then we can meet on a public place to cash the deal and that's it. Definitely you'll test the product for some time to know if it worth the funds you're paying or not. 

17 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Their is no way for me to send money first to the seller, me and the seller needs to agree on the price, the product, then we can meet on a public place to cash the deal and that's it. Definitely you'll test the product for some time to know if it worth the funds you're paying or not. 

The stress in doing all that you just narrated is already choking me. I can't subject myself through that kind of stress in this our modern day technology. 

18 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Do people still subject themselves to this kind of hurdle just to save a few bucks? It's not something I see myself doing for the little money I might save from the buy. 

15 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

Do people still subject themselves to this kind of hurdle just to save a few bucks? It's not something I see myself doing for the little money I might save from the buy. 

Only the ignorant people who doesn't care about quality of what they're buying, they just want to get it for cheaper price. Such has caused lots of regrets, I wouldn't put myself on a hurry due to the product being cheap. 

This only happened once and that was for my assassin Creed , not that I didn't like the game but when I got it I didn't know my roomie already bought one too the same day, so there was virtually no need having two of the same version of a game at home , so I had to sell mine off and use the money to buy another video game.

4 hours ago, Clasher said:

This only happened once and that was for my assassin Creed , not that I didn't like the game but when I got it I didn't know my roomie already bought one too the same day, so there was virtually no need having two of the same version of a game at home , so I had to sell mine off and use the money to buy another video game.

For you and your roommate to have the same game purchased at the same time means that it was a hot prospect game at the time and it's probably why it was easy for you to sell it quickly. 

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

For you and your roommate to have the same game purchased at the same time means that it was a hot prospect game at the time and it's probably why it was easy for you to sell it quickly. 

Yeah, assassin Creed was actually making waves around us then and everybody wanted to get hold of one. All I did was send a picture to a group chat we had then and immediately I got about three people who wanted to buy it immediately.

1 hour ago, Clasher said:

Yeah, assassin Creed was actually making waves around us then and everybody wanted to get hold of one. All I did was send a picture to a group chat we had then and immediately I got about three people who wanted to buy it immediately.

You probably resold it for the same price you got it or did they pull the it's an already bought game you're reselling for you to sell it short? 

On 6/6/2022 at 11:00 PM, Dannyjax said:

I used ebay to sell them and it was super easy for me to have them sold without any stress or delay. 

I have only been able to buy items which are also game's related on ebay but I haven't been able able to sell anything on the site. I have listed at least 5 items but never got any buyer. 

21 hours ago, Clasher said:

It's just the same thing with posting such selling advertisement on a Discord gaming channel. If the game is worth it, a lot of gamers will be interested in it. 

Apart from swapping my PES 15 fir FIFA 14 after one week of purchase, I never repeated such again. Buying and reselling immediately made no sense, because we'll be at loss and not recouping the value of the money we paid first time. 

11 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's just the same thing with posting such selling advertisement on a Discord gaming channel. If the game is worth it, a lot of gamers will be interested in it. 

I have never considered taking such to Discord and in all honesty, it's a rice problem to get lots of gamers who might buy from you. 

17 hours ago, Boblee said:

If the gaming channel allows for it to be posted, I'm sure it's going to be very useful or helpful in seeing the game sold quickly.