Register Now
StaceyPowers

Did you ever buy a game and resell it before ever playing it?

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

If the gaming channel allows for it to be posted, I'm sure it's going to be very useful or helpful in seeing the game sold quickly. 

I had to look into it further and found out that they used to offer such services to their users but it's no longer allowed because of increasing scam people face in the sales transaction. 

17 hours ago, Boblee said:

I had to look into it further and found out that they used to offer such services to their users but it's no longer allowed because of increasing scam people face in the sales transaction. 

This was definitely going to be a big problem and it's clearly going to handicap using the platform for such deals. 

15 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

I was going to say it that if the Discord doesn't regulate how such sales transactions are carried out, a lot of people would be scammed. 

It's sad that some human beings no longer have dignity and character to be true and sincere to their words. It's why some take pride in scamming others in such transactions. 

55 minutes ago, Boblee said:

It's sad that some human beings no longer have dignity and character to be true and sincere to their words. It's why some take pride in scamming others in such transactions. 

This is part of the reason why some people aren't comfortable buying anything off designated online stores like Amazon and the rest. 

8 minutes ago, Heatman said:

This is part of the reason why some people aren't comfortable buying anything off designated online stores like Amazon and the rest. 

That's exactly why my father doesn't have any truth with any online transaction. He does not even trust using Amazon services. 

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

We are part of our own problems today because under normal circumstances, things shouldn't be that way but it's what we have now and it's not going to change. 

On 6/8/2022 at 11:23 PM, Dannyjax said:

You probably resold it for the same price you got it or did they pull the it's an already bought game you're reselling for you to sell it short? 

I sold it for the same price I got it, I even added a few bucks to it. Well, the game was quite popular around my region back then and everyone pretty much wanted to have a feel of it. I got mine when I searched online for hours because not very many local store has it on their shelf back then.

18 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

We are part of our own problems today because under normal circumstances, things shouldn't be that way but it's what we have now and it's not going to change. 

It's been so bad that it's very difficult to deal with our fellow human beings online because there's no one worth of trust anymore. I sold a game to a friend of mine on Facebook for over 6 months now and he's yet to pay me the money. 

4 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's been so bad that it's very difficult to deal with our fellow human beings online because there's no one worth of trust anymore. I sold a game to a friend of mine on Facebook for over 6 months now and he's yet to pay me the money. 

For 6 months and he's yet to pay for the game? I would just tell you to forget about it because he's not going to be paying it. Do you intend on dragging him all over Facebook groups and feeds? 

8 hours ago, Boblee said:

I would rather play the game or just dash it out to a friend instead of trying to resell it only for me to end experiencing that sort of nonsense. 

On 6/12/2022 at 7:36 AM, Clasher said:

I sold it for the same price I got it, I even added a few bucks to it. Well, the game was quite popular around my region back then and everyone pretty much wanted to have a feel of it. I got mine when I searched online for hours because not very many local store has it on their shelf back then.

The market and a little scarcity made it easier for you to take advantage of the situation and get the best selling deal for the game. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

The market and a little scarcity made it easier for you to take advantage of the situation and get the best selling deal for the game. 

Yeah, and I am still playing that game till date.

IMG-20220316-WA0004.thumb.jpg.19985b26e5178639abeb29130ef383d9.jpg

3 minutes ago, Clasher said:

Yeah, and I am still playing that game till date.

IMG-20220316-WA0004.thumb.jpg.19985b26e5178639abeb29130ef383d9.jpg

That's awesome. I haven't purchased any games on CDs of a while now. It's been all digital for the last couple of years. It was COD Vanguard that I nearly got on CD but still later went for digital copy. 

5 minutes ago, Heatman said:

That's awesome. I haven't purchased any games on CDs of a while now. It's been all digital for the last couple of years. It was COD Vanguard that I nearly got on CD but still later went for digital copy. 

I got quite a collection of CD'S myself, most of them is in my current apartment now, but at our family home. I would certainly go back and get them soon enough.