Register Now
StaceyPowers

Are there any game companies you actively boycott?

Not anymore, no. I realise that I'd end up doing what that famous Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 boycott group ended up doing, which filled up with people, err, playing Modern Warfare 2. The forementioned image is basically a meme at this point, its history frequently revised, but it always serves as a reminder of why I don't bother trying too hard when others don't seem that bothered either. Even then, I find most boycotts to be ill thought out and conveniently forget the same things going on in the wider industry, especially when the exact same problems occur in the companies they like.

I wouldn't say I necessarily boycott studios, but I just don't buy from them most of the time. I just choose not to make a fuss about it. 

I rarely put money down on games from EA, Activision, ubisoft, and a few others. When I do get a game, its usually through gamepass or super cheap. I ain't paying full price for anything from ea. 

On 1/3/2022 at 2:13 AM, Kane99 said:

I wouldn't say I necessarily boycott studios, but I just don't buy from them most of the time. I just choose not to make a fuss about it. 

I rarely put money down on games from EA, Activision, ubisoft, and a few others. When I do get a game, its usually through gamepass or super cheap. I ain't paying full price for anything from ea. 

With what Ubisoft and even Square Enix is doing with NTFs, it's very likely that I would most likely boycott their new games if it's not worth it. 

It's simply a shame that this video game companies in 'Square Enix and Ubisoft aren't paying attention to what lots of gamers are voicing out as dissatisfaction around their new addition of money making ways, which is the NFTs inclusion. 

6 hours ago, Boblee said:

There are some talks lately about how silly and underperforming Rockstar have been which shows in what they did with GTA trilogy. Some gamers are talking about boycotting them. 

Seriously, if I had not played other Rockstar's games on GTA before the GTA trilogy, I would have the same disposition towards the company. 

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

Their is no doubt, the GTA trilogy edition really pulled down the rating of rockstar. But thanks to their previous series edition that kept them at the top however. 

It's not just that. They've been awful for a while. It's not even Rockstar. I mostly fault take two for the issues. They own so many companies and franchises, it's crazy. And they seem to be making poor decisions these days. 

This is a classic philosophical argument. I personally disagree with the nihilistic viewpoint that everyone has skeletons in their closet so it is no use trying.

It is the intention that matters most here. A common refrain against vegans is that you cannot do no harm against living beings entirely. You’ll walk across some grass and squash some ants or drive your car and get bug splatter. It is the persons intention that makes these things worth doing, if for no other reason than to selfishly improve your own life because you understand doing good things begets good things.