Register Now
StaceyPowers

What games do you feel are surprisingly easy?

Lords of the Fallen. To say it's a Soulslike, it's incredibly easy to cheese to the point where it's virtual fondue. The number one mistake it makes, indeed one that should be taught in RPG design 101, is that it uses cooldowns for spells. Specifically the healing spells 'Shelter.' You can  heal more damage than enemies can dish out save for one early boss in the Graveyard, and the game then simply becomes attrition. Because the game isn't all that great there's not much reason to play any other way. There's no interesting builds, gear progression, or character growth, so you might as well use the build that's guaranteed to win and get you the most achievements. In New Game+ it's the same, except that boss fights go on for far too long because your damage output healing yourself in heavy armour is so low.

Far Cry 6 was a breeze to get through even on the hardest difficulty, the game offered almost no challenge. You have to go full reckless to die in the game and even then you have a good chance of succeeding.

Also The Last of Us 2 was surprisingly easy compared to the first game. I struggled a lot with the first. But I think it has to do with better designed controls, rather than deliberately making the game easier.

RDR2. If you don't go for anything on the side for yourself, like a wild horse, or trying to complete the challenges, then it's extremely easy. If you're like me and you choose otherwise, then it adds a little bit of difficulty, but not much.

Either way, it's a very easy game. Actually, a little TOO easy.

On 12/31/2021 at 3:19 PM, The Blackangel said:

RDR2. If you don't go for anything on the side for yourself, like a wild horse, or trying to complete the challenges, then it's extremely easy. If you're like me and you choose otherwise, then it adds a little bit of difficulty, but not much.

Either way, it's a very easy game. Actually, a little TOO easy.

Yeah, both RDR1 and 2 are fairly easy to get through. That's the issue with a lot of Rockstar games, most of their games are fairly easy to get through. GTA has always been easy for me. Maybe it's because I grew up with all these open world games, so I feel at ease in them. 

I grew up with linear games. I started out with 2 bit graphics, then got a jump all the way up to 8 bit, then 16, 64, and now I don't know what to call it except life like. I remember being mad as hell at SMB because you couldn't backtrack in a stage. You could only go forward. So if you missed something or went just a hair too far, you were screwed. Which left you with only two choices. Either die, or say "screw it" and continue on with the game. But while the game drove me nuts with that, I still remember it fondly. And I still play it today when I hook my NES up. At the moment my SNES is the one that's hooked up, but I'm planning on switching that one out pretty soon. Well, as soon as I can decide what system I want out next.

NES, N64, Sega Genesis, Atari 2600.

A hell of a hard decision.

On 1/21/2022 at 4:42 PM, Kane99 said:

Yeah, both RDR1 and 2 are fairly easy to get through. That's the issue with a lot of Rockstar games, most of their games are fairly easy to get through. GTA has always been easy for me. Maybe it's because I grew up with all these open world games, so I feel at ease in them. 

I think it's more like having played the games too often that makes it easy for most people. Ordinarily, some newbie don't find it easy at first.