Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you ever avoid certain areas just to keep NPCs from dying?

I can appreciate this mindset, and yes, I do. Failing that I save-scum trying to defeat the threat before the character dies. Going with your example of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, I frequently try to defeat the first giant you come across before the Companions do so I don't get scolded and feel welcome for my inevitable joining. But there's all manner of RPGs where I do the same, I just can't quite figure out which ones. They're mostly Elder Scrolls ones though, I can tell you that much.

There's a lot of opportunities for this in Spyro the Dragon, where enemies try to trap, chase and eat the fodder which Sparx can use to restore his health. Destroy the trap(per) and the fodder can go on its pre-programmed route oblivious that its life has been saved.

Edited by Withywarlock

On 12/31/2021 at 2:42 AM, Family sedan said:

I will try to stay on a certain bridge while playing the Twisted Metal 2 Antarctica level, because to much of the battlefield crumbles into the ocean otherwise and I could be trapped on the falling ice floe.

Haha, you already know exactly what's going to happen when you're on the edge of line. I wouldn't want to find myself off the cliff into the ocean.