Register Now
StaceyPowers

Is there anything in games you have become desensitized to?

Violence. But that's not really due to gaming. It only helped me go numb to it. I often walk up to people I've killed in RDR2 and shoot them in the head with a shotgun of some sort just to watch their head explode. It's really funny to see them laying there, their head explodes, and there's nothing left but a stump. It's also why I play Hatred. I relate to The Antagonist and feel everything he does. Going out and killing every human that he encounters. The cops eventually get you, but you can make it into the PD and kill a lot cops them in there, as opposed to looking for civilians. But running out of ammo sucks.

On 12/31/2021 at 9:13 PM, The Blackangel said:

Violence. But that's not really due to gaming. It only helped me go numb to it. I often walk up to people I've killed in RDR2 and shoot them in the head with a shotgun of some sort just to watch their head explode. It's really funny to see them laying there, their head explodes, and there's nothing left but a stump. It's also why I play Hatred. I relate to The Antagonist and feel everything he does. Going out and killing every human that he encounters. The cops eventually get you, but you can make it into the PD and kill a lot cops them in there, as opposed to looking for civilians. But running out of ammo sucks.

Your first line of sentence is hilarious, where you made mention of shooting already dead AI enemy at the head. That's part of the fun around video games, and I move RDR-2 game for such kind of feature. 

I would say violence, but I still feel uneasy towards real violence. In fact I don't think it has desensitized me as much as I thought. Because seeing real people get hurt isn't something I like to see. Video games it's no big deal, because it's not real, but seeing the real thing isn't as easy for me. 

I can handle Video game violence, gore, etc but real death is something I just can't do. I can't view that stuff because it will haunt me for days and I won't get sleep. 

21 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I would say violence, but I still feel uneasy towards real violence. In fact I don't think it has desensitized me as much as I thought. Because seeing real people get hurt isn't something I like to see. Video games it's no big deal, because it's not real, but seeing the real thing isn't as easy for me. 

I can handle Video game violence, gore, etc but real death is something I just can't do. I can't view that stuff because it will haunt me for days and I won't get sleep. 

If you go through enough violence IRL you become completely numb and indifferent to it. For example, I can sit back and see someone get hit by a car and both feel and do nothing. I wouldn't care in the least. They could be begging me for help, and I would probably just look at them for a brief moment then go back to whatever the hell it was that I was doing before I had to listen to their whining. And it doesn't end with others. It applies to myself too. I've watched people getting attacked by multiples at a time and done nothing. Why did I do nothing? Because I didn't care. It's why I spend so much time on a website that exclusively shows more and more violent videos. Have you ever heard of 3 guys 1 hammer? It's on there. I would recommend not searching for it though, because if you're not numb to the world it will only make you sick. You're better off with 2 girls 1 cup.

6 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

If you go through enough violence IRL you become completely numb and indifferent to it. For example, I can sit back and see someone get hit by a car and both feel and do nothing. I wouldn't care in the least. They could be begging me for help, and I would probably just look at them for a brief moment then go back to whatever the hell it was that I was doing before I had to listen to their whining. And it doesn't end with others. It applies to myself too. I've watched people getting attacked by multiples at a time and done nothing. Why did I do nothing? Because I didn't care. It's why I spend so much time on a website that exclusively shows more and more violent videos. Have you ever heard of 3 guys 1 hammer? It's on there. I would recommend not searching for it though, because if you're not numb to the world it will only make you sick. You're better off with 2 girls 1 cup.

I can do gross, just don't like seeing anything relating to death. Not only is it disturbing to me, I saw other things that have caused depression. But yeah, seeing that stuff over and over, will result in you being desensitized to it for sure. 

I've seen stuff like pain olympics i think it was called. 

I saw 2 girls 1 cup. It was more gross and funny if anything. 

On 1/4/2022 at 5:46 AM, Kane99 said:

I can do gross, just don't like seeing anything relating to death. Not only is it disturbing to me, I saw other things that have caused depression. But yeah, seeing that stuff over and over, will result in you being desensitized to it for sure. 

I've seen stuff like pain olympics i think it was called. 

I saw 2 girls 1 cup. It was more gross and funny if anything. 

How about the effects of what you see happen in Spec Ops : The Line? That's definitely going to have your mind and psychology twisted for a long time. 

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

How about the effects of what you see happen in Spec Ops : The Line? That's definitely going to have your mind and psychology twisted for a long time. 

Seriously, that's one game that really affected me very bad. Most games that I play, I do try to replay them but never going to replay Spec Ops : The Line. 

I actually think that I was more desensitized to violence before gaming. Because I used to kill everybody and never leave a soul alive. Now, I'm choosy who to kill and would rather do stealth if I can to steal something or kill my contract instead of everyone. I think it's also part of immersion for me to act as if they are real people. Why would I go in and murder everyone for no reason? If I see they have civilian captives or signs of torture of civilians, I'll kill em all. 

2 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I actually think that I was more desensitized to violence before gaming. Because I used to kill everybody and never leave a soul alive. Now, I'm choosy who to kill and would rather do stealth if I can to steal something or kill my contract instead of everyone. I think it's also part of immersion for me to act as if they are real people. Why would I go in and murder everyone for no reason? If I see they have civilian captives or signs of torture of civilians, I'll kill em all. 

That's possible. Did you ever watch R rated movies growing up? I remember my brother and I watching Terminator when we were kids, before really playing any violent video games. So maybe. I used to do that a lot in GTA games, and even the Hitman games. I would go around killing everyone. But these days I don't do that, I like to play the right way. 

8 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Yeah it's something that happens when you adapt to scenarios and it's normal that you get better at judging some situation and how you react to it. It's why when see they have civilian captives or signs of torture of civilians, you'd kill em all....so that's growth on ya part. 

13 hours ago, Kane99 said:

That's possible. Did you ever watch R rated movies growing up? I remember my brother and I watching Terminator when we were kids, before really playing any violent video games. So maybe. I used to do that a lot in GTA games, and even the Hitman games. I would go around killing everyone. But these days I don't do that, I like to play the right way. 

I was actually much afraid of having what happened in the Terminator movie with the machines being a reality. I had fear for robots back then.