Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games with early concepts you thought would have been better than the final result?

On 12/31/2021 at 11:49 PM, m76 said:

Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice seemed more promising than it actually turned out to be
Watchdogs too.
Rage 2
Daikatana
Dying Light

You should also add Resident Evil to the mix as well because the earlier concepts seems to be better in my opinion. 

On 12/31/2021 at 5:49 PM, m76 said:

Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice seemed more promising than it actually turned out to be
Watchdogs too.
Rage 2
Daikatana
Dying Light

Yeah I second Watchdogs. As cool as the hacking abilities were, it didn't feel like it was enough. It's a nice feature and gave a lot of options, but the first game didn't do it right for me. But, Watchdogs 2 was far superior and felt more like what the game was supposed to be originally. 

On 1/2/2022 at 7:47 PM, Head_Hunter said:

During my teen age in 2012, the first installment of PES 2013 made sense than the full installment of the game. The players were given better stat in the initial release than when the game was officially released for PS2. 

I can easily say the same thing about some of the old FIFA games than the recent ones that we have now. I don't even know how the FIFA 22 is like since I dumped the franchise. 

15 minutes ago, Boblee said:

I can easily say the same thing about some of the old FIFA games than the recent ones that we have now. I don't even know how the FIFA 22 is like since I dumped the franchise. 

FIFA 22 is an improvement in graphics, and modern day play and other add-ons like the stadia, and more items in the store to beautify the players appearance scene. Apart from that, their is no big difference with other previous edition. 

Cyberpunk has to be the best example of this right? The game was an absolute mess at launch but even if we ignored the bugs, it just wasn't good enough because so many promising features were removed because they either didn't want to do it or didn't have enough time to do so. The fact it didn't even have a metro/train system was just crazy really.

15 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

FIFA 22 is an improvement in graphics, and modern day play and other add-ons like the stadia, and more items in the store to beautify the players appearance scene. Apart from that, their is no big difference with other previous edition. 

I figured as much that it's something that's most likely to be the same thing with what they used to make. EA is just lost with some of their games. 

14 hours ago, Boblee said:

I figured as much that it's something that's most likely to be the same thing with what they used to make. EA is just lost with some of their games. 

Many are saying same thing, they are repeating themselves. Most of it's FIFA series are similar to each other, no major improvement. 

7 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Many are saying same thing, they are repeating themselves. Most of it's FIFA series are similar to each other, no major improvement. 

Aside from the graphics upgrade, there isn't much thing to write home about recent EA FIFA games. 

7 hours ago, Boblee said:

Aside from the graphics upgrade, there isn't much thing to write home about recent EA FIFA games. 

xD, 😄. I know the gameplay isn't improved from the previous last four years editions. The only enticing thing about the new EA FIFA 22 is the new stadia upgrades, kits, graphics, appearance scene of the players/coaches. 

19 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

xD, 😄. I know the gameplay isn't improved from the previous last four years editions. The only enticing thing about the new EA FIFA 22 is the new stadia upgrades, kits, graphics, appearance scene of the players/coaches. 

Seriously, FIFA is more about the graphics upgrade and players upgrade in terms of skills and nothing more.