Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games with early concepts you thought would have been better than the final result?

On 1/25/2022 at 10:56 AM, Boblee said:

Seriously, FIFA is more about the graphics upgrade and players upgrade in terms of skills and nothing more. 

The game play isn't all that realistic. That's where EA should focus more on and develop to give better experience to gamers. 

10 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

The game play isn't all that realistic. That's where EA should focus more on and develop to give better experience to gamers. 

They can only be able to do that when all they think about isn't about the money they need to make from the gamers. 

19 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Money isn't everything, that's what EA has failed to learn. They've always chased down money forgetting to focus on the needful to improve on their lackluster video game FIFA series. 

That's for a fact what goes on in the game industry till date. A lot of gaming companies that followed that same paths are no longer here and you never can tell what happens in the future. 

5 hours ago, Boblee said:

That's for a fact what goes on in the game industry till date. A lot of gaming companies that followed that same paths are no longer here and you never can tell what happens in the future. 

You're correct, most of them have given up from making video games because they took money as a priority and never worked out what gamers wants. Such can still happen to EA company, if they continue pleading themselves alone and not considering their customers. 

19 hours ago, Justin11 said:

You're correct, most of them have given up from making video games because they took money as a priority and never worked out what gamers wants. Such can still happen to EA company, if they continue pleading themselves alone and not considering their customers. 

Just look at what happened to Activision-Blizzard after their last mess up, they were never going to recover from that but all thanks to Microsoft for bailing them out. 

5 hours ago, Boblee said:

Just look at what happened to Activision-Blizzard after their last mess up, they were never going to recover from that but all thanks to Microsoft for bailing them out. 

Yeah, they couldn't have recovered from the setback had it been Microsoft didn't come and rescue them from the downtime they faced recently. 

On 12/31/2021 at 9:13 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Are there any games that you thought would have been better if they had followed their early concepts more closely?

Most of the games that EA ruined their existence like Dead Space and Dungeon Keeper falls in those categories. 

On 1/21/2022 at 8:28 AM, Boblee said:

You should also add Resident Evil to the mix as well because the earlier concepts seems to be better in my opinion. 

I didn't respond about hellblade yet. But I agree. I felt like the combat was fairly simple and other than that it was mostly a walking Sim. I still loved the game, but I feel as if it was a little overhyped. 

On 1/22/2022 at 12:43 PM, Darth said:

Cyberpunk has to be the best example of this right? The game was an absolute mess at launch but even if we ignored the bugs, it just wasn't good enough because so many promising features were removed because they either didn't want to do it or didn't have enough time to do so. The fact it didn't even have a metro/train system was just crazy really.

Cyberpunk promised so much and didn't deliver on much of it. They made it look like it would be this massive open world with npcs everywhere. But in reality the world feels empty. Other things were promised and not delivered on as well. I'm doubting well ever see that online mode we were told was going to happen. 

19 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I didn't respond about hellblade yet. But I agree. I felt like the combat was fairly simple and other than that it was mostly a walking Sim. I still loved the game, but I feel as if it was a little overhyped. 

Fair enough, I can agree with you on this one about how the game's combat system was set up but anything other than that is just piss poor. 

On 1/29/2022 at 1:56 AM, Justin11 said:

Yeah, they couldn't have recovered from the setback had it been Microsoft didn't come and rescue them from the downtime they faced recently. 

I have good reasons to believe that all those time when their stock was going down but they kept quiet, it means that the purchase by Microsoft was being discussed. 

15 hours ago, Boblee said:

I have good reasons to believe that all those time when their stock was going down but they kept quiet, it means that the purchase by Microsoft was being discussed. 

I really don't know how they got that deal with Microsoft, but something went through already before it's official purchase announcement. 

8 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I really don't know how they got that deal with Microsoft, but something went through already before it's official purchase announcement. 

Seriously, they were sitting down comfortably and watch their stock dip in but didn't do anything and never sacked Bobby. 

On 2/12/2022 at 10:54 AM, Boblee said:

Seriously, they were sitting down comfortably and watch their stock dip in but didn't do anything and never sacked Bobby. 

I heard recently that they've sacked Bobby, if so, they did tremendously to sack him. Because, his presence could've downed the company now. I believe the new management which is Microsoft, took such good step to make do with him.