Register Now
StaceyPowers

Early gaming systems you wish had been more popular?

On 1/1/2022 at 9:04 AM, Heatman said:

Only if Gameboy isn't a handy gaming system, I would say it it still be very popular till date. Also, I have a big soft spot for my SEGA Genesis. 

Well both of those consoles sold fairly well. The Gameboy especially. This topic is more about the consoles that came and no one really paid much attention to. Like that Panasonic console. Or the Atari Jaguar. Genesis sold pretty well.  

7 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Well both of those consoles sold fairly well. The Gameboy especially. This topic is more about the consoles that came and no one really paid much attention to. Like that Panasonic console. Or the Atari Jaguar. Genesis sold pretty well.  

Yeah, I know very well what the topic was about and even your point about Panasonic console and the Atari Jaguar, it's very understandable. But, what I'm saying is that even though I know Gameboy sold well at the time, I would have liked it to still be popular now. 

The 6th generation of SEGA Dreamcast was really affected by the new millennium better technological release of PlayStation 2 which took away just having fun in playing games towards cutting edge graphics, soundtrack etc. In 2001, Dreamcast was halted as a result of low sales exactly when Xbox and GameCube entered the gaming market. 

On 1/2/2022 at 1:20 PM, Head_Hunter said:

I wouldn't go back to playing those classic retro games anymore, I love the new gen consoles which I'm currently playing with. The mechanics is superb, graphics is super and the game-play is brand new. 

Aww, why don't you play retro games anymore? Retro games are great. Theres a lot of them that still control really well. 

2 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Aww, why don't you play retro games anymore? Retro games are great. Theres a lot of them that still control really well. 

Seriously, some gamers would give anything to get their hands on retro games that they can play. I'm a big fan of retro games. 

9 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Mention those retro games that are captivating to you? If I get to know more of interesting retro I can go back to it buddy. 

Honestly, I think it would have been cool if Nintendo's Virtual Boy worked and was a success. Imagine if VR officially broke out back then? Could you imagine how advanced VR could be today if that was the case? It does make you wonder. 

1 hour ago, Kane99 said:

Honestly, I think it would have been cool if Nintendo's Virtual Boy worked and was a success. Imagine if VR officially broke out back then? Could you imagine how advanced VR could be today if that was the case? It does make you wonder. 

To be very honest with you, the impact of VR in the game industry would have been over explosive by now if it had been around since that time till now. 

I would go the other way and say that some consoles were overrated. For example, I never cared for the Xbox 360 even though it was insanely popular. I've always preferred PC gaming over consoles, but even keeping that bias in mind, I still think the Xbox 360 was overrated. Edited by StormyFire