Register Now
StaceyPowers

Favorite FMV games?

7 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

RDR2.

Everyone should have expected that answer from me.

That's not an FMV game. The cut scene's and gameplay are rendered in engine, they aren't film in real life. When you think of FMV in a video game, it's more like Wing Commander and Night Trap with actual, real life filmed sequences.

2 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Wouldn't FMV be like augmented reality? 

I'm going to link a let's play of Wing Commander Prophesy as an example of FMV. The gameplay is a space shooter, but it's cut scenes are all in FMV. This series has some notable stars like Mark Hamill, so it was a big deal at the time.

17 minutes ago, Shagger said:

I'm going to link a let's play of Wing Commander Prophesy as an example of FMV. The gameplay is a space shooter, but it's cut scenes are all in FMV. This series has some notable stars like Mark Hamill, so it was a big deal at the time.

That is interesting. I didn't know games were actually utilizing real life scenes. That reminds me of The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker. 

Although the scenes only take place on the sofa, I think at least. I never played it. 

Now if only we can get a remake of the ps2 game Playboy:The Mansion, then the FMV will really take off lol. 

I was a big fan of the FMV genre, but my utmost favorites are:

Wing Commander IV, Wing Commander V, Command & Conquer, Red Alert, Red Alert 2, Jedi Knight

Wing Commander IV was famous for featuring over 4 hours of FMV. Of course in a single playthrough you wouldn't see all 4 hours, just the ones pertaining to your choices.

44 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Full motion video (FMV) isn't really a trend now because of how good game's graphics have come up in the gaming industry. 

The days are gone with FMV games. Video game companies are directing the genres on their own, and not capturing from existing movies anymore. 

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

Policenauts is definitely going to one of my favorite video games based on full motion video (FMV). It's quite another masterpiece from Hideo Kojima. 

Policenauts was a great game when I was into playing FMV games. It's not a trend now, otherwise I would be still playing it now..