Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games you hope that no one will ever remake?

13 hours ago, Kane99 said:

And that's the beauty of gaming. We can have differing opinions and still be good to one another. I have a lot of differing opinions from my friends and family as well. It's what makes us all human and gave different interests. 

Yeah, it's the differences in gamers views that makes for different kind of reviews which are gamers insights into the games they played. 

Chrono Trigger is another game that's where it's supposed to be and not pushed for any remakes whatsoever. With its unique combat system and interesting time traveling actions. It should be left on SNES the way it is till the end of time. 

What do you think about Chrono Trigger not getting a remake @The Blackangel

Edited by Heatman

6 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Chrono Trigger is another game that's where it's supposed to be and not pushed for any remakes whatsoever. With its unique combat system and interesting time traveling actions. It should be left on SNES the way it is till the end of time. 

To be honest, I've never played it, so I can't comment. I'm not at a privileged place to have an opinion as I've never played the game even once in my life. With an occasional exception, during the SNES era, I was still almost exclusively into fantasy games. The only exception I can think of was Mario and fighting games. Other than that, if it wasn't fantasy of some sort, I had no interest.

My tastes have severely opened up since then.

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

I didn't get enough playing time with SNES. If not, I would have played the game. Although, I might be willing to get a bit back into it and see what it's like. 

12 hours ago, Boblee said:

I didn't get enough playing time with SNES. If not, I would have played the game. Although, I might be willing to get a bit back into it and see what it's like. 

If you can get your hands on SNES, the game is still there for you to play. I'm very sure you can get it from Amazon. 

14 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

To be honest, I've never played it, so I can't comment. I'm not at a privileged place to have an opinion as I've never played the game even once in my life. With an occasional exception, during the SNES era, I was still almost exclusively into fantasy games. The only exception I can think of was Mario and fighting games. Other than that, if it wasn't fantasy of some sort, I had no interest.

My tastes have severely opened up since then.

Maybe one day something would trigger your getting the game. I'm very sure that it's something you're going to fancy. 

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

If you can get your hands on SNES, the game is still there for you to play. I'm very sure you can get it from Amazon. 

I would most likely check it out on either eBay or Amazon and see how much it's going to cost together with the game. 

7 hours ago, Heatman said:

Maybe one day something would trigger your getting the game. I'm very sure that it's something you're going to fancy. 

57 minutes ago, Boblee said:

I would most likely check it out on either eBay or Amazon and see how much it's going to cost together with the game. 

At best the game runs roughly $200 on eBay. And that's mostly for repros, not authentic carts. Personally I couldn't do a repro. I would have to spend the extra $ and buy an authentic cart.

When it comes to rare retro games, I tend to go for the digital copies of the games. I can't afford to buy a lot of the rare games, and due to that, I'll just often get it digitally. I get wanting to have the real cart, but sometimes it's just not possible to get the more expensive cart or even those repros. 

Eventually I'd love to add the game to my collection one day, but that's easier said than done. For the time being, I'll take at least digital to allow me to play the game. 

19 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

At best the game runs roughly $200 on eBay. And that's mostly for repros, not authentic carts. Personally I couldn't do a repro. I would have to spend the extra $ and buy an authentic cart.

I actually believe that buying an authentic cart is far more better that making use of repro no matter the extra cost. 

On 1/17/2022 at 7:50 PM, Kane99 said:

When it comes to rare retro games, I tend to go for the digital copies of the games. I can't afford to buy a lot of the rare games, and due to that, I'll just often get it digitally. I get wanting to have the real cart, but sometimes it's just not possible to get the more expensive cart or even those repros. 

Eventually I'd love to add the game to my collection one day, but that's easier said than done. For the time being, I'll take at least digital to allow me to play the game. 

Digital video games is the best way forward when it comes to how best to get games in order to avoid getting games that's going to be unreadable over time. 

I used to abhor the idea of Spyro the Dragon being remade, remastered or whatever. I threw many a shitfit back in my YouTube days over the pUrItY of the classics, and now I don't care enough to do so any more. I like the intellectual exercise, I like joining in forums discussing and debating, but I no longer have the energy to dedicate to actually being tired out by it. The industry has long passed me by and I've got more important things to care about, as well as hobbies that simply don't aggrevate me as much.

So remake away. I would add to that "so long as the original remains intact and available for play," but presevation has become a long forsaken concern.

1 minute ago, Withywarlock said:

I used to abhor the idea of Spyro the Dragon being remade, remastered or whatever. I threw many a shitfit back in my YouTube days over the pUrItY of the classics, and now I don't care enough to do so any more. I like the intellectual exercise, I like joining in forums discussing and debating, but I no longer have the energy to dedicate to actually being tired out by it. The industry has long passed me by and I've got more important things to care about, as well as hobbies that simply don't aggrevate me as much.

So remake away. I would add to that "so long as the original remains intact and available for play," but presevation has become a long forsaken concern.

Seriously, all the fuss isn't worth it. As long as the original remains intact and available for play whenever you want, then the remake can kiss my sorry ass goodbye. 

11 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

It's just like what Capcom did with the remake of Resident Evil 3. They completely butchered the game and left it for dead. They are circling on RE 4 just to do the same thing all over again. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's just like what Capcom did with the remake of Resident Evil 3. They completely butchered the game and left it for dead. They are circling on RE 4 just to do the same thing all over again. 

Capcom never seem to learn from their previous mistakes and it's why some of their great games are suffering today with useless remakes that's not necessary.