Register Now
reecedouglas1

Post your unpopular opinions ?

16 hours ago, NightmareFarm said:

Newer games are usually better than old games

That's rather rare. The old games had originality and uniqueness. The new games are all carbon copy sequels. Sure there are a few games that are beyond amazing, as well as a good number of mediocre ones. But the vast majority never needed to even be made, because they're no different from their predecessors.

19 hours ago, NightmareFarm said:

- As a heterosexual man, women are overrated.

- Rap is boring to listen to

- Pop culture went to shit after the 2000s

- Newer games are usually better than old games

- 60fps should literally be a requirement that has to be met for a game to be released

- Majin Buu saga was the best saga in DBZ

Not always true with the point of - Newer games are usually better than old games but hey its an unpopular opinion, so it stands. 

3 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

That's rather rare. The old games had originality and uniqueness. The new games are all carbon copy sequels. Sure there are a few games that are beyond amazing, as well as a good number of mediocre ones. But the vast majority never needed to even be made, because they're no different from their predecessors.

New games build on that originality and uniqueness. Most games before 6th gen just feel too technologically outdated and on top of that were built in a time where standards for game design was primitive and not as evolved as now which makes them not as fun to play as now. It sounds shallow but this isn't just graphics, it's also performance, bigger worlds, more complex systems, better camera angles etc that make newer games more fun. There are some crappy soulless games coming out nowadays but there are gems like Ghostrunner and Deathloop that have come out recently.

12 hours ago, NightmareFarm said:

Well it's not untrue either. It's subjective whether old or newer games are better.

Yeah, it's definitely based on the eyes of who's playing a said game at any point in time and that's something that might differ from another's point of view. 

16 hours ago, NightmareFarm said:

New games build on that originality and uniqueness. Most games before 6th gen just feel too technologically outdated and on top of that were built in a time where standards for game design was primitive and not as evolved as now which makes them not as fun to play as now. It sounds shallow but this isn't just graphics, it's also performance, bigger worlds, more complex systems, better camera angles etc that make newer games more fun. There are some crappy soulless games coming out nowadays but there are gems like Ghostrunner and Deathloop that have come out recently.

The standards for game design in the 1980's were superior to now. Uniqueness was a requirement. Taking chances was standard. The simpleminded games of today are, as I said, all carbon copies with no soul and no originality. There are no new games. On the NES we had games like A Boy And His Blob, Astyanax, Blaster Master, Legacy Of The Wizard, Street Fighter 2010, and Zelda II. On the SNES we were introduced to short lived games like Earthworm Jim, F-Zero, The Legend Of The Mystical Ninja, Lagoon, Secret Of Mana, Illusion Of Gaia. Also there are big franchises like Zelda that haven't aged well. The originals on the first few systems were amazing, but after that they have just been declining in quality.

None of the games of today could ever hold a candle to the games of the past.

8 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

The standards for game design in the 1980's were superior to now. Uniqueness was a requirement. Taking chances was standard. The simpleminded games of today are, as I said, all carbon copies with no soul and no originality. There are no new games. On the NES we had games like A Boy And His Blob, Astyanax, Blaster Master, Legacy Of The Wizard, Street Fighter 2010, and Zelda II. On the SNES we were introduced to short lived games like Earthworm Jim, F-Zero, The Legend Of The Mystical Ninja, Lagoon, Secret Of Mana, Illusion Of Gaia. Also there are big franchises like Zelda that haven't aged well. The originals on the first few systems were amazing, but after that they have just been declining in quality.

None of the games of today could ever hold a candle to the games of the past.

To each our own then. Those games are too simplistic and dated to me. Standards have evolved since then.

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

There is a fine line between classic gamers and new generation gamers. Most times, their choices of games doesn't align. 

True. We can either agree to disagree, or get into a full blown flame war. I opt for the former, as I just don't have the time or interest to be involved in something as childish as a flame war.

On 2/16/2022 at 12:31 AM, killamch89 said:

Haven't been there since I was a kid - I've long moved on from Christianity or any other religion for that matter.

Seriously, it's something that I have come to realize that some of the doctrines they teach us, is always twisted to their needs. 

20 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

True. We can either agree to disagree, or get into a full blown flame war. I opt for the former, as I just don't have the time or interest to be involved in something as childish as a flame war.

Which is a very wise decision in my opinion. Good job.