Register Now
Kane99

Ultimate Nintendo Guides by Pat Contri

Yeah I suppose so. They are supposed to go into detail about each game released on the nes and snes. I just don't know if j am a fan of the prices. But idk, I'll keep an eye on them to see if they go on sale. One of these days I'll pick them up. 

I've been wanting to build up a book collection like that anyway. 

4 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Do you guys know of any other classic retro guides like these? I'm open to collecting others, as I kinda want get a bunch of them. From retro to current gen consoles. Any suggestions?

I happened to see one on Amazon. Just try and have it checked out. I hope it's something useful for what you are looking for. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Retro-Gaming-Byte-sized-History-Video/dp/1912785102/ref=pd_aw_vtp_1/262-6920940-2746336?pd_rd_w=tDjcR&pf_rd_p=5bac7bbc-ac46-408a-ab3a-9b7156f2d1a3&pf_rd_r=VV7BJ4NY642QW3NH02XG&pd_rd_r=0b81be51-78f1-4ece-a966-c41e87651966&pd_rd_wg=RKY1X&pd_rd_i=1912785102&psc=1

On 1/3/2022 at 5:33 AM, Kane99 said:

I've been wanting to build up a book collection like that anyway. 

What's your plan after building up such a book collection? Do you plan or selling or you have other plans for it? 

On 1/3/2022 at 3:48 AM, Family sedan said:

If you have enough passion for these systems, then I think it could be worth it.

For the price of $60 for each of them is quite expensive in my opinion. What happens if they don't give him all he needs to build his own book? He'd have to buy another one? 

I've not read them but I used to love Pat the NES Punk's content way back when. Totally forgot about that because he and his Ian Furguson did the awesome Completely Unnecessary (CU) Podcast. So honestly, I'd trust the content of those books to be well cited. It might not be well written, but his reviews were always good stuff so I trust in that too. At $60 a pop though, I'm not so sure. Then again I've just purchased The Book of CRPGs which is £30, which is considerably more limited in scope, so I'd be fine paying that much for a complete rundown of all NES games.

14 hours ago, Family sedan said:

I didn't know the price before I spoke, sorry.

You don't really have to apologize for that because in some situations, there are some gamers who would easily afford paying more than $60.

13 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

I've not read them but I used to love Pat the NES Punk's content way back when. Totally forgot about that because he and his Ian Furguson did the awesome Completely Unnecessary (CU) Podcast. So honestly, I'd trust the content of those books to be well cited. It might not be well written, but his reviews were always good stuff so I trust in that too. At $60 a pop though, I'm not so sure. Then again I've just purchased The Book of CRPGs which is £30, which is considerably more limited in scope, so I'd be fine paying that much for a complete rundown of all NES games.

Definitely at the price of £30 isn't that too steep in my opinion. $60 is a big steal for such books. 

On 1/4/2022 at 4:47 AM, Heatman said:

Nice, I'll check it out. 

On 1/4/2022 at 5:16 PM, Boblee said:

What's your plan after building up such a book collection? Do you plan or selling or you have other plans for it? 

Just to read if I ever want to. I'm only interested in collecting. So I would store them on a shelf, likely with my video games. 

9 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Nice, I'll check it out. 

Just to read if I ever want to. I'm only interested in collecting. So I would store them on a shelf, likely with my video games. 

I was definitely looking forward to hearing that because you really sounded like a collector. Not many gamers are good in collecting now.